Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Presumably missing Davies, Chester, Knight and Barkhuizen. What has happened to Anang who broke his hand back in August? Some of the other players are looking tired. Liverpool away shortly after. Players suspended in the league (I think just Cashin) probably might as well play in the cups as they have a rest coming.  Warne has to trust some of his fringe players who he says aren't ready, such as Rooney and Oduroh. Do we stick with 4-4-2 or revert to the 3-5-2? Having called the Morecambe starting 11, I think this time Warne will go with:

Wildsmith

Stearman     Cashin     Forsyth

Oduroh     Sibley     Rooney     Thompson     Roberts

Collins     Dobbin

Subs: Loach, Smith, Bird, Hourihane, Osula, McGoldrick, Nunn

Mendez-Laing having a well-deserved rest and possibly Sibley, Bird and Hourihane getting the 30 minutes each Warne talked about when it was that Man City U21 game.

I think the club should run a raffle. 

£100 a ticket to win a chance to play for Derby County in the upcoming FA Cup against Torquay. 

With the way our squad is, along with the injuries we've already picked up, not to mention the amount of young players we've loaned out, I honestly wouldn't want to risk any of them. The youngsters we should try and protect. The only answer we have is run a raffle and raise some funds. 

Cashin suspended isn’t he? I know the suspensions in FL Trophy don’t carry across comps, but I always though the FA Cup, League Cup and League suspensions always were treated as one.

Would be nice if he can serve his suspension here and then be back for the next match.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think the club should run a raffle. 

£100 a ticket to win a chance to play for Derby County in the upcoming FA Cup against Torquay. 

With the way our squad is, along with the injuries we've already picked up, not to mention the amount of young players we've loaned out, I honestly wouldn't want to risk any of them. The youngsters we should try and protect. The only answer we have is run a raffle and raise some funds. 

Technically speaking that could work. Crawley have got some YouTubers training with them to play in their FA Cup match. Where there's a will there's a way and all...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crawley-youtube-sidemen-fa-cup-28340926

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

Cashin suspended isn’t he? I know the suspensions in FL Trophy don’t carry across comps, but I always though the FA Cup, League Cup and League suspensions always were treated as one.

Would be nice if he can serve his suspension here and then be back for the next match.

Collins played in the cup vs Man City's kids after his red card. Cups don't count.

2 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Collins played in the cup vs Man City's kids after his red card. Cups don't count.

That was EFL Trophy rules. From what I have understood before then the 3 main domestic comps all count towards a domestic suspension. He should be suspended for this match and available for Liverpool and MK Dons.

EDIT: I just read that any red card suspension is carried across League, League Cup and FA Cup. Accumulated yellow cards are for that competition only, so Cashin misses the MK Dons match, but is available for this Torquay and Liverpool.

Edited by roboto
Correcting myself

1 hour ago, roboto said:

That was EFL Trophy rules. From what I have understood before then the 3 main domestic comps all count towards a domestic suspension. He should be suspended for this match and available for Liverpool and MK Dons.

EDIT: I just read that any red card suspension is carried across League, League Cup and FA Cup. Accumulated yellow cards are for that competition only, so Cashin misses the MK Dons match, but is available for this Torquay and Liverpool.

Collins done his time and played last night.

19 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Caught between not wanting to risk injuries and not wanting to make so many changes that we're at risk of being embarrassed by a non-league team!

I'd go with:

Loach
Oduroh  Stearman  Forsyth  Roberts
 Mendez-Laing  Smith  Sibley  Kelly
                 Osula  Nunn

I'll be surprised if Rooney and Tommo aren't starting, given they need minutes. Hourihane likely to come in as he didn't play last night. Mendez-Laing also likely to be rested given how much he's played so far this season. can't risk him getting injured.

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Collins done his time and played last night.

I never mentioned Collins... was talking about Cashin and his suspension and did my own research in the end. Cashin can play this match, but will miss the MK Dons match for getting 5 yellow cards in the league already.

Has anyone heard any news on when Anang might be available for selection? He was unlucky with his injury when he arrived, but it seems a bit pointless keeping him on loan if he isn't going to be available soon. If we get knocked out of two cup competitions this month (I hope not) then he won't get many opportunities to challenge Wildsmith for a starting spot.

5 minutes ago, roboto said:

I never mentioned Collins... was talking about Cashin and his suspension and did my own research in the end. Cashin can play this match, but will miss the MK Dons match for getting 5 yellow cards in the league already.

He has not picked up 5 yellows cards yet has he.

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

Bit of a dilemma.

Do we play him on Sunday or do we try out the pairing that’s likely to start against MKDons?

For those travelling 

Travel Links

By Train: Torre Station is the nearest rail stop to Plainmoor, with the stadium a 25 minute walk away. Alternatively, local taxi firm Torbay Taxis can take the strain for you – just phone 01803 211611.

By Car: The South Devon Link Road runs from Newton Abbot to Torquay, and allows quick access for home and away fans. We do not have any dedicated parking at Plainmoor, and therefore advise fans to get to Plainmoor early so that they can find street parking in the numerous roads located around the stadium.

Bus: Bus service 35A can be picked up from Torquay Harbourside and will bring you to the shops in Plainmoor. The Wollens Terrace away end is a 5 minute walk from the shops.