Cashin

IslandExile

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Would never call young Cashin, but watching the game last night he does a fair ammount of shirt pulling, which in the end proved costly for the team, this is not a good side of the game for him and it must stop.

Find me a defender (or striker) anywhere who doesn't do it. The trick is only to do it where it can't be seen or be heavily punished, or with a referee that doesn't punish it. It's pretty normal in the EFL for referees not to penalise it, even in the area. 

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Would never call young Cashin, but watching the game last night he does a fair ammount of shirt pulling, which in the end proved costly for the team, this is not a good side of the game for him and it must stop.

Behave now, so he stops but every other player in the entire football leagues carries on with the same practice? 

Until the referees start consistently stamping down on it then it's custom and practice. 

We've had some pretty poor refs this season. Yesterday's was of the same calibre. However, he got Sibley's yellow and Cashin's red spot on. Had Cash tripped the lad in some half hearted attempt to play the ball he would have got a yellow. As it is he didn't attempt to tackle/play the ball and red was the right call. Sibs went for the ball, never took his eyes off it and actually played the ball half a second before Lapslie came in with his head. Dangerous play which is yellow. 

23 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s a blow but I’ll still be going to MK optimistic for at least a point. Well, as optimistic as I ever am watching Derby.

Agree about Liverpool. Obviously I want Derby to win every game but I’ll be relieved if we just avoid an embarrassing score line. Obviously, I expect Warne to try and inspire a little more confidence when he speaks to the players.?

Yes, avoiding a hammering at Liverpool would somehow be a result. 

8 hours ago, MadAmster said:

We've had some pretty poor refs this season. Yesterday's was of the same calibre. However, he got Sibley's yellow and Cashin's red spot on. Had Cash tripped the lad in some half hearted attempt to play the ball he would have got a yellow. As it is he didn't attempt to tackle/play the ball and red was the right call. Sibs went for the ball, never took his eyes off it and actually played the ball half a second before Lapslie came in with his head. Dangerous play which is yellow. 

Thought he did a good job….

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Whilst that appeal is pending, he'll be able to play vs Liverpool. Arguably worth it, just to give him the experience of playing against a top side. 

Worst case is he misses the Torquay replay.

Does it get reviewed by the original ref or by a different panel?

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Does it get reviewed by the original ref or by a different panel?

The club had to submit an 'intent to claim' by today. Evidence then has to be submitted by Thursday. It is then reviewed by the FA's IRC (Independent Regulatory Commission).

The claim will almost certainly be that Forsyth was covering and that it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

No, worse case is that he gets an extra game ban, or if the EFL have anything to do with it, a season long ban!?

Good job it's the FA. As it isn't a frivolous appeal (ie. there is reasonable belief that Forsyth was covering and that it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity), then there won't be an extended ban.