Cashin

IslandExile

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Correct, if Cashin had have swiped his legs from under him when he’d still got the ball, rather than pull his shirt the Double Jeopardy rule would apply. 

i think its fair to say i dont understand the double jeopardy rule

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This red gives him a 1 game ban (applicable to all competitions) so misses the trip to Liverpool.

His suspension against MK Dons for 5 yellows in the lewgue still stands.

Straight red is one game in the FA cup is it? Or is it the description of the nature of how it was attained?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This red gives him a 1 game ban (applicable to all competitions) so misses the trip to Liverpool.

His suspension against MK Dons for 5 yellows in the lewgue still stands.

So it's only a 1 game suspension for a straight red? And he doesn't miss ay extra League games?  

21 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Straight red is one game in the FA cup is it? Or is it the description of the nature of how it was attained?

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So it's only a 1 game suspension for a straight red? And he doesn't miss ay extra League games?  

It's due to the type of foul. 

He misses Liverpool and MK Dons, and is back for Portsmouth (or the Torquay replay)

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's due to the type of foul. 

He misses Liverpool and MK Dons, and is back for Portsmouth (or the Torquay replay)

Not really bothered about the Liverpool game, but not being available for MK Dons is a bit annoying. We might well have been on for a decent away point there, but that seems a bit optimistic now. 

12 minutes ago, europia said:

Not really bothered about the Liverpool game, but not being available for MK Dons is a bit annoying. We might well have been on for a decent away point there, but that seems a bit optimistic now. 

It’s a blow but I’ll still be going to MK optimistic for at least a point. Well, as optimistic as I ever am watching Derby.

Agree about Liverpool. Obviously I want Derby to win every game but I’ll be relieved if we just avoid an embarrassing score line. Obviously, I expect Warne to try and inspire a little more confidence when he speaks to the players.?

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, europia said:

At least now we'll be forced to give the two starting vs MK Dons a start vs Liverpool.

I can't believe we're down to our 4th and 5th choice CBs for two games.

1 hour ago, europia said:

He was already suspended for the MK game without todays red card.

We are desperately low on defensive options now. I expect Rooney to get some minutes v Liverpool and probably Stearman partnering Fozzy against MK.

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Stearman partnering Fozzy at centre back.

John Goodman Reaction GIF

Confess I remain baffled that we play Fozzy who's really a left back as a makeshift centre back, and Roberts who's really a centre back as a makeshift left back.

I actually think the Steargoat has done pretty well whenever he's been called upon. The sort of pro it's good to have at the club.

Another option will be to bring Rooney in. Maybe as part of a back three?

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Confess I remain baffled that we play Fozzy who's really a left back as a makeshift centre back, and Roberts who's really a centre back as a makeshift left back.

I actually think the Steargoat has done pretty well whenever he's been called upon. The sort of pro it's good to have at the club.

I freely admit that I may well be suffering from selective amnesia but I thought Fozzy hadn’t let us down when he’s played centre back before.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Fozzy’s height is the thing especially when playing with Cashin. Maybe with Stearman not such an issue. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I freely admit that I may well be suffering from selective amnesia but I thought Fozzy hadn’t let us down when he’s played centre back before.

I think he has had a couple of bad games at the back, but Roberts pace is much more useful down the flank at the moment so can see why the choice is made to have the two playing in their positions.

I think the ref got the sending off right (albeit one could argue that Fozzy was covering and if he thought Fozzy had committed a foul it couldn't possibly have been for shirt-pulling so what did the ref actually see other than Jarvis fall over) but as merely pulling the back of someone's shirt isn't enough to make them fall, why didn't he also book Jarvis for diving?

And why didn't he book Donellan for waving an imaginary card at him after Dobbin went down after being pushed off-balance by the Torquay player?

It seems like he was only applying some of the rules, and not necessarily in the right order....

Edited by Crewton