Cashin

IslandExile

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Superb talent..his heading is great at one end and bang average at the other.. Barks in commentary keeps saying he always gets his approach angle wrong in the opposition box so never gets the power needed..he has got it right on the odd occasion though..Blackpool?

Once he sorts that out he will be a real weapon on set pieces as he regularly gets open in the penalty area for a free header. .

His heading up front used to be fine in under 23s. Is it added pressure - physical or mental?

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

His heading up front used to be fine in under 23s. Is it added pressure - physical or mental?

Could be..Barker says every time he gets the angles wrong with his attack of the ball..meets it ok but never with the power..would hope that's pretty easy to correct as will be a weapon and Warne keeps saying it. Maybe it is mental pressure as he keeps being told he should be scoring more.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Cashin has had a fair few chances from good deliveries. He is either getting underneath the ball or heading without much power / accuracy. Perhaps it's about positioning / timing and he should be arriving slightly later, to meet the ball in order to get more power from his heading. No doubt Mr Warne is working on this with Cashin in training sessions. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The guy who sat behind me at the Ipswich game won’t be happy. Kept calling him a CU next Tuesday and then blamed him for their goal (when it was Davies). Even weirder when I think most thought he was our best player (or one of) on the night and clearly has been this season. He’s made mistakes but who hasn’t? 

I know most get frustrated at a game and have a moan, but why go all that way to abuse one of our own players rather than giving them a bit of support? 

Some people eh ? 

36 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

The guy who sat behind me at the Ipswich game won’t be happy. Kept calling him a CU next Tuesday and then blamed him for their goal (when it was Davies). Even weirder when I think most thought he was our best player (or one of) on the night and clearly has been this season. He’s made mistakes but who hasn’t? 

I know most get frustrated at a game and have a moan, but why go all that way to abuse one of our own players rather than giving them a bit of support? 

Some people eh ? 

He was probably one of those southern softies that have latched on to the mighty Rams. What was @i-Ram doing that night?

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

1 hour ago, Ramrob said:

Some people eh ? 

I can't remember the game, but one time I got a ticket in the Toyota with no one I knew around me, and two blokes nearby spent the entirety of the 90 minutes shouting vitriol and abuse at our own Kris Commons (who played pretty well). Their faces were contorted with rage at him for the whole match. Then when the final whistle blew, they immediately calmed down, had a laugh with each other and wandered off. Their whole reason for going had been to abuse one of their own players from first to last. It was the weirdest thing.

Some people indeed!   ? 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Simple answer, different referees. Maybe the ref, in his wisdom, thought Davies made a sort of attempt to play the ball. 

The ref today got it right IMO.

Correct, if Cashin had have swiped his legs from under him when he’d still got the ball, rather than pull his shirt the Double Jeopardy rule would apply. 

Edited by Boycie