Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

19 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Honestly, being trolled by you on this forum  is like being attacked in the park by a blind, 16 year old demented Chihuahua that’s lost its sense of smell. How can you kick it away without hurting it  ? 

Butt into someone else’s conversation if you want but at least read it and do your best to understand it. That’s not much to ask 

Some questions for you (buddy, mate, pal, feller, whichever daily-mail-inspired salutation you prefer):

- do you know what ‘flipping’ means, to anyone who works in real estate ?

- do you understand why it’s relevant that DC’s comment on his likely tenure as owner was in response to a direct question (errr which needed somehow to be answered)  ?

Your great buddy, pal and mate, that lovely fella brailsford ram promised us in one of his constabulary sermons that DC would ‘flip’ the club. That’s not what I’m suggesting. (And he shows no sign of doing that, by the way.)  I’m suggesting instead that he begins to get altitude sickness in the championship and - as the fans’ inevitable clamour for promotion to the PL reaches a crescendo -  he gets a nosebleed; and that he’s got the good sense to get out whilst the going’s good. (But he might keep the stadium, oooooh !!! ) 

It’s just opinion my dear friend. It’s what forums are for. If you disagree, just say why. And, oh, I might be wrong  ? 

woof woof 

KH  x

PS If you can muster a reply, I’d like iambic pentameter please 

I find it quite touching that my posts are cyber stalked, when you think that they're not being read then is reassuring to know when I receive the sarcastic laughing emoji reaction on a periodic basis.

You've got the upgrade though of an animated gif so should feel honoured. 

31 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I only noticed 2 things.... 

... PWs coaching team appear to be a similar demographic to the forum.... 

...  For all the talk about emotional intelligence and connection, there was one bloke sat all on his own in the lecture theatre thing... ?

Teachers pet, sat at the front.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"I want my team to have a real emotional intelligence. They do care about each other and they should care about me, I believe. As a manager they should want to do well for me.

I’ve told them about my family, my kids, what they mean to me. My father is not very well at the moment, bless him, he’s on the way out. Life is short and football careers are even shorter.

I always speak to them and will say, ‘before I speak to you about your performance today or your data, is everything alright at home?’ Because you don’t know what someone’s had at home, you don’t.

One of the lads was talking about their two-year-old kid and the lads said we didn’t even know he had a kid. I said ‘how can you not know your team-mate has a child?!’ It’s amazing.

That’s the way I like to look at it. I’m not saying it’s the right or wrong way, but success or not, it’s the way I want to run the club.”

Even if I have potential concerns about possible style of play; he seems like a good leader, seems like a good man manager and an alround good guy.

I doubt he will do a Pearson where he just stirs things up mostly because he can't handle egos.

5 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

There was no sign of Liam Rosenior on the Rams TV video from Moor Farm today. He was supposed to be meeting David Clowes today. I was told on Sunday that Jason Pearcey had sent a round robin farewell text to the staff thanking them and wishing them all the best for the future but he's still listed on the coaching staff on the official site.

He's brought in his own GK coach. That's enough to say he's gone/going.

I assumed Buxton would be stepping back to the U21s, but haven't seen anything.

With the other coaches brought in, there doesn't appear to be space for Rosenior or Walker. Also, with Warne's fitness coaching background, I wonder where our Napoleon Dynamite fits in. I feel it would be in the club's interest to keep all three, but the first team coaching staff would feel blosted for L1 level.

4 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Even if I have potential concerns about possible style of play; he seems like a good leader, seems like a good man manager and an alround good guy.

I doubt he will do a Pearson where he just stirs things up mostly because he can't handle egos.

100% agree. Whilst there are a couple of player who I think don't quite fit in the what may be his preferred style of play, we had a couple of players who didn't quite suit Rosenior's style anyway (although their resale value would be lower).

My main worry was Sibley drifting to the sidelines, but I can actually see him growing into the role we saw him in for the youth sides within a 352 - whether one of the 3 in midfield or playing off the main CF.

I'm certainly looking forward to the weekend to see how we'll shape up.

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's brought in his own GK coach. That's enough to say he's gone/going.

I assumed Buxton would be stepping back to the U21s, but haven't seen anything.

With the other coaches brought in, there doesn't appear to be space for Rosenior or Walker. Also, with Warne's fitness coaching background, I wonder where our Napoleon Dynamite fits in. I feel it would be in the club's interest to keep all three, but the first team coaching staff would feel blosted for L1 level.

100% agree. Whilst there are a couple of player who I think don't quite fit in the what may be his preferred style of play, we had a couple of players who didn't quite suit Rosenior's style anyway (although their resale value would be lower).

My main worry was Sibley drifting to the sidelines, but I can actually see him growing into the role we saw him in for the youth sides within a 352 - whether one of the 3 in midfield or playing off the main CF.

I'm certainly looking forward to the weekend to see how we'll shape up.

Buxton is listed back in the under 21s coaching staff in the club directory.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes the change may not be ideal for Sibley. This season we’ve not seen the energy on the pitch that we saw last year (for a few reasons, including a different balance between age and youth and also (to give him some credit) loss of Rooney’s motivational skills). Warne likes runners and will be wanting energy to balance the more silky players (Bird, Hourihane and McGoldrick). Not sure that plays in Sibley’s favour  ... 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes the change may not be ideal for Sibley. This season we’ve not seen the energy on the pitch that we saw last year (for a few reasons, including a different balance between age and youth and also (to give him some credit) loss of Rooney’s motivational skills). Warne likes runners and will be wanting energy to balance the more silky players (Bird, Hourihane and McGoldrick). Not sure that plays in Sibley’s favour  ... 

really? Running on and off the ball is one of Sibley’s best attributes. If Warne likes a trier, he will love Sibley.