Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

We already know that should it happen, his song choice would be Lady in Red, although maybe he wouldn't think it appropriate for Derby and sing Black & White by Niall Horan instead.

I had to Google for a song with that title, pure coincidence it's sang by a Derby supporter. I have absolutely no idea what the song sounds like, but I imagine it's s***.

Rotterdam by Beautiful South, just pronounced "Ro-ther-ham" instead.

I've just listened to Paul Warne's press conference live on Radio Derby and all I can say is Wow!

His communications skills are excellent, he comes across as fluent, wholly honest, refreshing, ambitious, knowledgeable passionate and enthusiastic. He wants to win games and entertain the fans because he knows they demand that. He promised nothing other than we will do our absolute best. I can't wait for Saturday. I think any player worth his salt is going to love playing for this guy. I understand now how he achieved what he did at Rotherham. Let's get this gig on the road.

I've not enjoyed listening to a Derby manager speaking as much as today since Jim Smith's days.

COYR

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes , that was interesting Roy. Sounds like everyone is going to get much fitter. I have been looking at Rotherham highlights and there are no short free kicks in the opposition half- they all go into the box. So 3 centre half’s are expected to go up for them and get back quickly.Lots of running to do.

He came across as a very genuine honest bloke. Unlike other press conferences where you just get standard answers to the usual questions, you felt that he was saying what what he really feels. I don't think that after one press conference, that I've felt so connected to a new manager.

It sounds very promising.

Lets hope he does well.  He needs to after that interview where he was sorry Sheff Wednesday got relegated instead of us .  Most seem to have forgotten that, I won't.  Perhaps those few players still here from then will ask him about it when he's given them some motivational drivel.