Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

Unexpected move really. Don't know to much of how Warne like to set his team up but would imagine a bit less passing oriented maybe? 

Just fear we change the style a bit too much maybe. Some tweaks needed (not use the keeper as playmaker under pressure) but I don't think we are too far off a winning team...

10 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Not sure I’m seeing a lot of ‘crying’, just a bit of confusion and disappointment.

9 games isn’t really long enough to come to any serious conclusions about Rosenior’s abilities as a manager, particularly with a brand new team thrown together at a moment’s notice. On that basis alone I would have given him more time to demonstrate he is worthy of becoming the permanent manager.

I’m also surprised that the Board didn’t see stability as being important, after all we’ve been through after the last few years.

But there’s probably more to all this than meets the eye, so guess we’ll learn more over the next few days.

That's like saying though 3 months isn't really long enough to come to a conclusion about a person's abilities - well for a lot of companies this is the standard probationary period for a new employee.

And have seen people been given advance warning that their probation period won't be signed off unless they radically up their performance after 2 months or even a month in their new role.

So not sure what the difference is with this scenario.

Edited by Tyler Durden

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This is my issue with fans today - you basically think we should have played 9, won 9 from a team of free transfers at the end of their careers.

We have some really good players but we’re not entitled to dominate the league, far from it.

Who expects 27 points from 27? Who has said that?

We’ve picked up 14 points from a possible 27, slightly over 50%.

Two points better off than Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Port Vale. One point better off than Lincoln and Cambridge. Three points better off than recently promoted Exeter.

Doesn’t that suggest there is room for improvement?

2 hours ago, David said:

Dyche? Really don’t see that at all.

Also, Clowes might be a quiet and private man, yet some things will naturally get leaked.

Warne and Rosenior’s agents, mates, family I mean there is only so much you can keep quiet and this is a lot more likely than a manager that was harshly removed from his job in the Premier League.

Dyche will have a lot of better offers in a matter of weeks, Premier League to League 1, nah.

Mr Cox?

Wouldn’t say this decision is madness but comes as a shock. Not sure the performances have warranted him leaving and I really liked Rosenior the man, I wasn’t 100% convinced of him as a manager right now but I’m sure he will be a good one. We’ll never get to know if that could have been with us.

For me, we’ve had the start you would expect of a team that’s talented but recently been thrown together. It also sounded like Rosenior played a key role in bringing a lot of the players in but…

Clowes has had time to figure it all out now and has a better read on the situation than all of us. It’s not reactionary because Rosenior was never given the job and looks like it’s always been the case that Clowes wanted his own man. For that reason, I think it’s probably the right choice.

Whoever it is, there’s a squad sitting there ready to win promotion and I hope they’re ready for the expectations that are undoubtedly about to be massively f****** raised

Such a difficult situation for someone to come into with this clubs history, you’ve seen it before with Derby where a self-imposed ‘promotion or bust’ mentality kicks in. It can tear a season apart if you have a bad run and get so so very toxic.

Not delighted to be back on the hiring and firing carousel but the away form was f****** atrocious, won’t miss that from the Rooney/Rosenior era.

Onwards and upthefookinramswards

Edited by Leicester Ram

2 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Yes, his win ratio is not to be sniffed at. It’s more likely the almost total failure in away games was causing grave concern. This isn’t a new phenomenon. It’s carried on from the Rooney era, when, at least we scored a few goals. 

Some of the home wins were last gasp

Edited by StrawHillRam

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Removed as the interim (temporary/provisional/makeshift/stopgap) first team manager, and offered a role back on the coaching staff. That's not a sacking.

If it was always agreed that he would stand in for 9 games and then be replaced I would agree. However, if it was a case of see how you get on and a decision will then be made and then after 9 games with us a point off the play offs he is replaced, I imagine it feels pretty much like that to LR. Be interested to hear more about the reasoning ?

19 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Alan Nixon clearly has no inside information at all and is scrambling around trying to convince everybody that he does.

Nothing new then?

He's like the fortune teller at Blackpool Pleasure beach who comes out with so many totally ambiguous statements open to such generic interpretations that they can't fail to be seen as true. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

I've not read all 16 pages of comments, as I've  only just heard this news.

For an insight into Paul Warne, I recommend listening to the Moment of Truth podcast series on BBC Sounds.  It's an excellent listen and compares and contrasts the fortunes of Warne and Karl Robinson as Rotherham and Oxford try to get promoted to the Championship.

I think Warne comes over really well, intelligent and articulate, dedicated and able to motivate his players and staff.  Robinson just comes over as a foul-mouthed, shouty scouser.

As ever we don’t know what we don’t know. There’s usually more to it than meets the eye. It is too early to judge LR based on a few games, there’s been some good some bad. But to make an announcement suggests Plan B has been initiated and they have someone in mind.

if it is Warne, Rotheringham has a very different style to the course LR has set and the squad we have. I think of Rotheringham as a high intensity, ugly, tall, in your face lot. If Sauron had a team playing in the Lord of the Rings Div 3, it would be Rotherham. Not sure how a new manager can change our style when he can’t change the squad due to transfer embargos.

I wasn’t a huge LR fan but I would have stuck with him for now. But there’s always stuff we don’t know, and any change is an opportunity.

57 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

My mates just sent me a hilarious prank on what’s app, a tweet from what must be a John Percy spoof account saying Liam Rosenior is no longer interim manager and we want to replace him with Paul Warne. ?????

What the f*** are we doing? A young progressive manager who is ready and who has players to a large degree to suit how we want to play and we want to replace him with a manager who let’s face it practices anti football which we don’t have the personnel to play!  This is beyond bonkers!! A complete and utter head f*** ???

What is it now, 100 days since Clowes took over, where’s the structure? Where’s the recruitment team? What’s the plan to stop fans running the club making decisions as fans?! Brighton and Brentford is the model we need to follow if we want to be successful yet sustainable. This is the type of decision Mel Morris would make!! I just can’t get my head round it. No chance Rosenior stays in a support role. 

I hope Warne turns us down. 

Ah yes the famously sustainable Brighton. They've only lost about £300 million since being in the prem and posted a £39 million loss in their last championship season. They were on the same trajectory as us spending wise but managed to succeed where we failed. They are not a sustainable club though.

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why is it ridiculous? It’s 7 wins from 12 competitive games, a 58% win record.

You’re judging him on just a few games so I’ll judge him on those same few games and say he’s been phenomenal. Is winning 58% of those games not good enough for you? What do you want from a manager with a new group of players? Please tell me - don’t be flippant by saying away goals, but be honest, what do you want from a new manager in the next 12 games?

Who says i'm judging him on a few games? What a terrible counter argument. I can't wait for you to find where i've said that. Go on - i'll happily wait whilst you find it. 

Your sample size is way too small. Don't blame everyone else for criticising you for cherry picking a meaningless stat. David Nugents scored in every game he has ever played for England, but he's not our greatest ever striker - its meaningless.

I was relatively happy with the job he was doing and i find it strange he's been let go with us 7th in league one, but don't let that get in the way of your moaning.

People can judge his performance on what we've seen so far and frankly i can see why people aren't too upset to see him go. Of our 4 league wins so far it took us until the 80th minute to score in one, the 88th minute to score in another and the 86th minute to take the lead in another. Very fine margins there and having a million shots each game is meaningless if they never look like going in the net.

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Who expects 27 points from 27? Who has said that?

We’ve picked up 14 points from a possible 27, slightly over 50%.

Two points better off than Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Port Vale. One point better off than Lincoln and Cambridge. Three points better off than recently promoted Exeter.

Doesn’t that suggest there is room for improvement?

You did in your original post. You went through every game we didn’t win and criticised them, suggesting we should have done better.

If you had said something along the lines of the fact you want us to have maybe another 6 points (two away wins) on the board and that winning 6/9 would have been acceptable, then fine. However you didn’t.

Of course there is room for improvement - we can all see that. However no one seems to be answering my question - whoever takes on the manager role, if we are still 7th in 9 league games time, will we be sacking them as well?

3 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

As ever we don’t know what we don’t know. There’s usually more to it than meets the eye. It is too early to judge LR based on a few games, there’s been some good some bad. But to make an announcement suggests Plan B has been initiated and they have someone in mind.

if it is Warne, Rotheringham has a very different style to the course LR has set and the squad we have. I think of Rotheringham as a high intensity, ugly, tall, in your face lot. If Sauron had a team playing in the Lord of the Rings Div 3, it would be Rotherham. Not sure how a new manager can change our style when he can’t change the squad due to transfer embargos.

I wasn’t a huge LR fan but I would have stuck with him for now. But there’s always stuff we don’t know, and any change is an opportunity.

Is Rotheringham a new town like Milton Keynes or Stevenage?

Although initially shocked by these latest developments, on reflection it does in some ways add up. LR couldn't remain interim manager indefinitely so a decision had to be made one way or another at some point.

During an international break is probably as good a time as any. Gives a new manager time to bed in and the players take on board his philosophy. Not easy when games come thick and fast.

Gutted for LR that it hasn't worked out because I reckon he will one day make a good manager, given time. Personally I hope it's one of the other contenders on "the list" as appointing Warne doesn't float my boat. Having said that, if PW is appointed I will back him and hope he proves me wrong.