Matchday Thread - Derby County v Oxford United (30/07 15:00)

Sean

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oops!  That was a genuine accident on my part... Although I seem to recall me showing it on here previously, a while back?
Just grabbed the hats, lobbed them on the desk, and snapped away!  ?

Hope no offence caused anywhere.  Hopefully most just catch a glimpse, and assume it says "County"!  ? 

Bless you!  Certainly didn't offend me - I just thought it was unintentionally funny ! ?

36 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oops!  That was a genuine accident on my part... Although I seem to recall me showing it on here previously, a while back?
Just grabbed the hats, lobbed them on the desk, and snapped away!  ?

Hope no offence caused anywhere.  Hopefully most just catch a glimpse, and assume it says "County"!  ? 

Actually, Mucker, it reminds me of the no doubt apocryphal story of Dr. Samuel Johnson's dictionary.

Posh Lady : Dr Johnson, I am very pleased to see there are no rude words in your dictionary.

Dr Johnson: And I am shocked, ma'am, that you have looked for them.

? 

Edited by Miggins

4-3-3 Yeah, I know, whatever....

Wildsmith

Rosenior      Davies      Cashin    Roberts

Knight     Bird     Hourihane

Mendez-Laing   Collins  Barkhuizen

Rosenior? Yeah, don't tell me he's not thought about it, dreamt about it......why has he been so slow at bringing in an experienced right back? Exactly.....he's leaving the way open for his big comeback.

OK then, Smith, Oduroh or Stearman to come on after 5 minutes when Liam realises his age and is totally out of breath.

What I am expecting      
                      Wildsmith 

Knight    Chester.   Davies. Forsyth   

Bird

Smith. Hourihane 

mendiz.      Collins.      Barkhauzen 

yes I know Roberts over Forsyth but first game he might go for two regulars in defence out of the five whilst I would have knight and smith swapped but I absolutely expect knight to finish the game having played in at least two positions and possibly three 

Just now, Sparkle said:

yes I know Roberts over Forsyth but first game he might go for two regulars in defence out of the five

I half wonder if we might end up with something like Roberts playing when Davies and Chester do (because we want a quicker fullback to be able to cover in behind those 2), but Forsyth plays when Cashin is in there (because Cashin is a bit more mobile than the other 2, but we'd like an experienced head on both sides of him).

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

More Sky TV EFL games for September were announced today. All championship, no league one or two. 

I guess this is the reality of playing in League one, little to no TV coverage.

But many match going fans will be happy as kickoff times won't be moved. 

Highlights on ITV at 9pm on Saturday this season.

Just now, Foreveram said:

Highlights on ITV at 9pm on Saturday this season.

Yes but I'm on about live games. 

The selections were released today and despite them branding it as 'EFL' it was just the championship. 

The current deal is a bit of a joke. A lot of League one and two clubs could do with the revenue. And there are some big clubs in these divisions which would bring in more viewers than a lot of championship clubs. But no they would rather show Stoke vs Reading on a Friday night. 

Sky should just give up the rights to League one and two and allow a different broadcaster to show the games. 

12 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Yes but I'm on about live games. 

The selections were released today and despite them branding it as 'EFL' it was just the championship. 

The current deal is a bit of a joke. A lot of League one and two clubs could do with the revenue. And there are some big clubs in these divisions which would bring in more viewers than a lot of championship clubs. But no they would rather show Stoke vs Reading on a Friday night. 

Sky should just give up the rights to League one and two and allow a different broadcaster to show the games. 

Tend to agree, national league has separate deal on bt sports, not sure how much for though...

25 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I guess this is the reality of playing in League one, little to no TV coverage. 

There’s any even bigger issue, that I suspect many fans have yet to realise the true magnitude of…

WhoScored detailed match stats only go down to the championship, so we’re out of scope this season ?. How will we argue about who’s the better winger when we can’t compare their average crosses per minute played? How will we know who’s the best midfielder when we can’t cross reference their pass completion stats to their key passes per 90 minutes? We might have to actually watch the games ?