Matchday Thread - Derby County v Oxford United (30/07 15:00)

Sean

Derby 0-3 Oxford

Forsyth Red Card and Wildsmith cheered for making simple catches.

FT whistle goes and Boos ring out, chants for LR out begin and a couple STs make there way onto the pitch.

David Clowes makes a full return to the Derby way by paying upwards of 5M for slightly above average players who join and call us Derby City. More money flows as we offer wages never before seen in league 1, were then linked with CR7 and the fan base is angry when he doesn't join saying we need a better transfer plan. Deadline day comes and Richard Keogh is a Ram again.

Its a joke - had fun writing this. Derby 3-1 Oxford. UTR

On 26/07/2022 at 23:02, Rev said:

...Thank you David Clowes, you do know what it means to us, and in our darkest hour you stepped forward and enabled us to start believing again...

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

...New era, new team, new owner.

David Clowes deserves our full backing...

I've been thinking... No, No... Hear me out...

David Clowes is the new Messiah.  Our knight in shining armour, riding up to the West Stand Entrance on his white steed.

It appears that nobody has come up with a realistic/appropriate song to hail him in to his new seat... his new role... and our bright new future.
This is not an everyday act.  What Mr Clowes has done is beyond special.

We need something.  Something to show our eternal gratitude.  There must be something we can do, sing, wave around, or wear... Ooh... That's it... wear!  Ye Gads, I've got it...

Who's with me?  Who's gonna join me in welcoming the new builder... The builder of our dreams.

Let's make this a day to remember.

Everybody... get yersens one of these, and I'll see yer there!

a8f5c9a8-a047-4a8e-a6c9-e05d71e49146_1.a52112751a4685a8c2ee261609cf1fdb.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

David Clowes is the new Messiah.  Our knight in shining armour, riding up to the West Stand Entrance on his white steed.

It appears that nobody has come up with a realistic/appropriate song to hail him in to his new seat... his new role... and our bright new future.

We need something.  Something to show our eternal gratitude.  There must be something we can do, sing, wave around, or wear... Ooh... That's it... wear!  Ye Gads, I've got it...

Who's with me?  Who's gonna join me in welcoming the new builder... The builder of our dreams.

Nice shiny helmet you've got there mucker..... ?

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

This is a gonna be like a cup final atmosphere for them, and they are gonna be up for it, hopefully we are too, 2-1 Derby COYR

Same for us, our first competitive match back at Pride Park as a club with a bright future. Should be a great atmosphere. Can't wait to be there with my little girl for her first season as a season ticket holder!

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Nice shiny helmet you've got there mucker..... ?

Ah, well... I have to confess that is not mine, but merely a stock photo courtesy of Google.

However... and not meaning to brag here... but I do own both a white one, and a black one.  

Being of the managerial persuasion these days (But a million miles from the David Clowes mould, I hasten to add!) I can confirm they both retain their original shine!  Although for some inexplicable reason, the black one does seem somewhat larger.  ?

Anyway... regardless of what some on here may think of me, just how many of us have Hard Hats in Club colours?  Eh?  EH?    

I said... EH?   ??

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I had one, I threw it in the skip when I retired.

9 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I was going to make an observation about your mug, Mucker, but I'm too embarrassed to type it...☹️?☺️

Oops!  That was a genuine accident on my part... Although I seem to recall me showing it on here previously, a while back?
Just grabbed the hats, lobbed them on the desk, and snapped away!  ?

Hope no offence caused anywhere.  Hopefully most just catch a glimpse, and assume it says "County"!  ?