Matchday Thread - Derby County v Oxford United (30/07 15:00)

Sean

10 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think we can almost certainly beat everyone at this level in an actual game of football. It’s the games where the opposition are more interested in stopping us than playing themselves that I’m worried about. (Famous last words etc etc.)

That is what concerns me about L1.  It is not the same "type" of football, and those who think we'll walk it are deluding themselves. 

2 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

That is what concerns me about L1.  It is not the same "type" of football, and those who think we'll walk it are deluding themselves. 

I think most level headed folk realize that we won't win every game, score bag fulls of goals each game and win the league by Xmas. Most teams WILL just concentrate on stopping us play and when teams do that it becomes really hard to score. Like Liam said, I'd be happy this season with the playoffs as we have a brand new team that's only been together a few weeks . Don't expect miracles guys.

27 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

New season, new team, Saturday football, few beers with the boys, we could only dream 4-5 weeks ago. I'm looking forward to just being able to support the team, no matter the result(hopefully win). Could be emotional this one. UTR 

Similar thoughts here...

Shopping with the missus, grab a Birds cob and egg custard for lunch, leave home at 14:05 for a steady walk up by the cattle market all on my own (or might go on bike if this drizzle stops), take my single seat all on my own, maybe grab a coffee at some stage (I favour 14:57, as I walk through, as queues are at a minimum!).

# what dreams are made of!  ?

49 minutes ago, Simo said:

Hi everyone. Really looking forward to today's game! I'm bringing my little lad - does anyone know if there is a spot you can watch the players enter the ground? And if so what time they usually go in? I usually just rock up to pride park five minutes before kick off but want to make sure my lad gets the full match day experience!

They go in an entrance by the main entrance, not sure what time they start turning up though

Wildsmith

Davies                           Chester

Knight                     Smith                     Bird                      Roberts

Mendez-Laing.                      Hourihane                      Barkhuizen

Collins

…………..top of the league by 5 o’clock! ?

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

teams have come out to attack us and win for over a year now, it will be a big change in what we face. There will be lots of buses parked and teams playing for a point. And there will be lots of teams that outwork us due to our squad profile. It will be difficult, if we get off to a good start I will be over the moon

Oxford fans seem to think their team will come to attack. That would make it a more open game than most of us are expecting, which could make it a game worthy of the occasion. Either way, I'm expecting a tough afternoon, but hoping the crowd might get us over the line, just like it did so many times against the odds last season. 

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Oxford fans seem to think their team will come to attack. That would make it a more open game than most of us are expecting, which could make it a game worthy of the occasion. Either way, I'm expecting a tough afternoon, but hoping the crowd might get us over the line, just like it did so many times against the odds last season. 

Goals , Goals , Goals !!!!!