Matchday Thread - Derby County v Oxford United (30/07 15:00)

Sean

14 hours ago, Rev said:

A thankful return to meat and veg league action, and the dawn of a new era for Derby County Football Club. 

New League, new Manager, new players, but thankfully the same old club that's existed since 1884.

Thank you David Clowes, you do know what it means to us, and in our darkest hour you stepped forward and enabled us to start believing again.

A fully sold out away end and the possibility of a 30,000+ crowd roaring on the two teams come 3pm Saturday.

Oxford, managed by ex MK Dons boss Karl Robinson, have recently bolstered their squad with the addition of rumoured Rams target Josh Murphy, on a two year deal, who joins Yanic Wildshit as a recent arrival. 

They also boast, if that's the right term, ex Ram Sam Baldock in attack, who no doubt will be keen to finally display his skills at Pride Park.

I can't wait to get back inside the ground again come Saturday, and celebrate our survival and rebirth amongst the people who really matter, us fans.

Come on you Rams, it's in yer DNA youth!

Those are good players, we’ve a game to watch, it’s exciting isn’t it. ????

15 hours ago, Rev said:

A thankful return to meat and veg league action, and the dawn of a new era for Derby County Football Club. 

New League, new Manager, new players, but thankfully the same old club that's existed since 1884.

Thank you David Clowes, you do know what it means to us, and in our darkest hour you stepped forward and enabled us to start believing again.

A fully sold out away end and the possibility of a 30,000+ crowd roaring on the two teams come 3pm Saturday.

Oxford, managed by ex MK Dons boss Karl Robinson, have recently bolstered their squad with the addition of rumoured Rams target Josh Murphy, on a two year deal, who joins Yanic Wildshit as a recent arrival. 

They also boast, if that's the right term, ex Ram Sam Baldock in attack, who no doubt will be keen to finally display his skills at Pride Park.

I can't wait to get back inside the ground again come Saturday, and celebrate our survival and rebirth amongst the people who really matter, us fans.

Come on you Rams, it's in yer DNA youth!

Not at Forest Green ?

I'd go 4-3-3 for this one. Oduroh makes the XI because I'd rather play round pegs in round holes in the first instance than force players out of position. If it's not working then we can change it up by dropping Knight back to RB and bringing Smith on in midfield.

GK: Wildsmith

DEF: Oduroh - Davies - Chester - Forsyth

MID: Knight - Bird - Hourihane

FWD: NML - Collins - Barkhuizen

Even if we sign a couple this week then they aren't gonna be playing on Saturday.

I think LR will go with

Wildsmith

Knight Davies Chester Roberts 

Bird         Smith

Hourihane

NML.         Collins.     Barkhuizen 

Genuinely think that's the obvious team. Toss up between who plays right back our of Knight or Smith but LR will not be playing Oduroh there.

Other than Smith, who needed the minutes, I'd be amazed if anyone else in that team makes the starting 11 on Saturday.

Forsyth and Cashin didn't really do their chances any favours at all. From what I've seen of Roberts he looks a better option at LB than Forsyth.

45 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd go 4-3-3 for this one. Oduroh makes the XI because I'd rather play round pegs in round holes in the first instance than force players out of position. If it's not working then we can change it up by dropping Knight back to RB and bringing Smith on in midfield.

GK: Wildsmith

DEF: Oduroh - Davies - Chester - Forsyth

MID: Knight - Bird - Hourihane

FWD: NML - Collins - Barkhuizen

I would have Roberts instead of Forsyth.

Also, if McGoldrick is fit enough to play the first half, I would start him, move Knight to RB and Oduroh would drop to the bench, then reverse those changes when McGoldrick tires and comes off.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Even if we sign a couple this week then they aren't gonna be playing on Saturday.

I think LR will go with

Wildsmith

Bird         Smith

Hourihane

Genuinely think that's the obvious team. Toss up between who plays right back our of Knight or Smith but LR will not be playing Oduroh there.

Other than Smith, who needed the minutes, I'd be amazed if anyone else in that team makes the starting 11 on Saturday.

Forsyth and Cashin didn't really do their chances any favours at all. From what I've seen of Roberts he looks a better option at LB than Forsyth.

As there are questions about our keeper why not give Knighty a go there? He's played in most other positions for the Rams....

55 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think LR will go with

Wildsmith

Bird         Smith

Hourihane

This is the team I'd expect to see, too.

In terms of the team I'd want to see, I'd swap Smith and Knight. Smith's no more a right back than Knight is, but I suspect you lose more playing Knight out of position.

1-1 with lots of missed placed passes and nearly moments, Oxford have got us at the right time as we will get better and better. Saturday I am hopeful more than expecting a win. Anyway COYR’s . Will be off from Berkshire on Saturday with lots of hope

5 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Anything less than a 5-0 win for my birthday and Liam can GTFO. In all seriousness Oxford are one of the better sides in league one over the last couple of seasons so will be good to see how we match up.

Yes, I sort of like this as a first game. They aren’t ordinary, have some new signings will be up for it. They also sold a lot of tickets. We are at home and all of us a up for it. Big crowd, outpouring of relief, Not easy for Liam and the team. They need to deliver but I just know there will be 25,000 + right behind them.