Matchday Thread - Derby County v Oxford United (30/07 15:00)

Sean

31 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Why,  are you going to nobble him? He was said to have  slight niggle a couple of weeks ago. Is it more than a niggle?

Listen to Rosenior’s interviews. He said he could play on Saturday with an injection, but it’s not worth risking it this early in the season. 

It certainly seems to have taken him a bit longer to get back fit then we initially hoped, but he’s still only been out for like 2 weeks. It’s still a minor injury, and with him only doubtful for Oxford, you’d have to hope he’ll be available for Charlton.

Its going to be interesting to see if Dark Fruits seat is taken by someone more annoying than him. It may be possible, time will tell.

Looking forward to the pre match craic with people who I don't see that often apart from football, being back in the South Stand and hoping we can keep that fantastic atmosphere going even if we have a poor/average start. 

New era, new team, new owner.

David Clowes deserves our full backing.

Come on you great big beautiful Rams.

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Listen to Rosenior’s interviews. He said he could play on Saturday with an injection, but it’s not worth risking it this early in the season. 

It certainly seems to have taken him a bit longer to get back fit then we initially hoped, but he’s still only been out for like 2 weeks. It’s still a minor injury, and with him only doubtful for Oxford, you’d have to hope he’ll be available for Charlton.

Ok thanks for the info. We need McGoldrick of course we are short of strikers. 

31 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Fearing a bit of a reality check for the first game. Gonna go 0-2. Think we’ll have a decent season, but until we get a few more names through the door and the new lads gelling, I think the start of the season could be a little painful. 

I think you're right.

I'm expecting a "Welcome to League 1 boys" kind of game and a loss. I'm sure we'll be ok, just, underdone and needing time to gel a team together.

I think it'll be rough until we're 5-6 games in and start to find our feet.

But the ingredients are ok, the chef is ok and the owner of the restaurant more of a Darley's Restaurant and Terrace than a pollos hermanos.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think you're right.

I'm expecting a "Welcome to League 1 boys" kind of game and a loss. I'm sure we'll be ok, just, underdone and needing time to gel a team together.

I think it'll be rough until we're 5-6 games in and start to find our feet.

But the ingredients are ok, the chef is ok and the owner of the restaurant more of a Darley's Restaurant and Terrace than a pollos hermanos.

I'm going for a win! Should be a great atmosphere, we have our club back, big crowd, almost sell out, fans should be well up for it.

Nervous for Saturday, it’s going to be a tough game. I don’t feel we have enough up top (especially if McGoldrick is out) yet to make an impact early on this season and  hope this changes soon. I’m going for a 1-1, think it’ll be a tight game. 

It’s a bit like a forest gump box of chocolates- no idea what we are going to get in terms of how we approach things with so many new players whilst I think Oxford scored a lot of goals last season and will look to attack with better football than half the sides in league one, yet we historically play better against teams that want to play football whilst losing to the ones that don’t. 
Anyway we have a team to support still and that’s the most important thing. It’s nice to see Oxford bringing a decent amount as well and hopefully they will allow us just as many tickets for their home fixture.