Matchday Thread - Derby County v Oxford United (30/07 15:00)

Sean

56 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Excited but also nervous about tomorrow, I remember when we played Doncaster at home on the first day of the season, in front of 33,000, I have a similar feeling. I think we’ll be a bit inconsistent through August. September hopefully we should settle a bit. 

The 0-1 game? Remember checking on the score while I was on holiday in Jersey ?

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think the fact they're quite an open, ball playing team, will be better for us than someone who is going to just sit in for 90% of the game

I think we can almost certainly beat everyone at this level in an actual game of football. It’s the games where the opposition are more interested in stopping us than playing themselves that I’m worried about. (Famous last words etc etc.)

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think we can almost certainly beat everyone at this level in an actual game of football. It’s the games where the opposition are more interested in stopping us than playing themselves that I’m worried about. (Famous last words etc etc.)

Without wanting to come across arrogant, I would be disappointed if we lost more than 3 games at home this season. Last season with possibly a weaker squad vs tougher opposition we lost 5, 2 being the last 2 when there wasnt anything riding on them.

Anyone know if we can actually take bottles into the ground this season?

Very annoying a few idotic 'fans' spoilt it last season which meant for the last few home games I couldnt take bottled drinks in for my kids.

I cant see anything on the website or pre game email to say either way.

21 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Anyone know if we can actually take bottles into the ground this season?

Very annoying a few idotic 'fans' spoilt it last season which meant for the last few home games I couldnt take bottled drinks in for my kids.

I cant see anything on the website or pre game email to say either way.

They started taking tops off bottled soft drinks last season which seems ridiculous, if they started selling fruit shoots it wouldn’t be much of an issue but makes it hard with kids in tow.

It will be an epic atmosphere tomorrow and I hope it carries us to victory. It does have a tinge of Doncaster about it though, never forget that game as who should I see in local straight after the game, my donny supporting next door neighbours of 20 years!! Donny played well but we were f****** dire but then Jewell was gaffer what do you expect. I have more faith in Liam and there is certainly much more of a feel good factor around now than there was then after that premier league season.

I won’t be there sadly, been down in the Southampton area today paying an obligatory visit to Peppa Pig world and then  on to West Sussex for a wedding tmw (who arranges a wedding in West Sussex when it’s f****** glorious goodwood!!! ??‍♂️??‍♂️ Cost me a bloody fortune. I will have the phone out during the wedding checking for updates. 

7 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

There’s any even bigger issue, that I suspect many fans have yet to realise the true magnitude of…

WhoScored detailed match stats only go down to the championship, so we’re out of scope this season ?. How will we argue about who’s the better winger when we can’t compare their average crosses per minute played? How will we know who’s the best midfielder when we can’t cross reference their pass completion stats to their key passes per 90 minutes? We might have to actually watch the games ?

Now that is concerning. How are we to point out that someone saying the player who made the 9th highest number of passes in the entire league.(with an 85% pass success rate which compares favourably to past defenders praised for their passing) was just there to defend and wasn't asked to play it out from the back is talking out of their backside?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

22 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It will be an epic atmosphere tomorrow and I hope it carries us to victory. It does have a tinge of Doncaster about it though, never forget that game as who should I see in local straight after the game, my donny supporting next door neighbours of 20 years!! Donny played well but we were f****** dire but then Jewell was gaffer what do you expect. I have more faith in Liam and there is certainly much more of a feel good factor around now than there was then after that premier league season.

I won’t be there sadly, been down in the Southampton area today paying an obligatory visit to Peppa Pig world and then  on to West Sussex for a wedding tmw (who arranges a wedding in West Sussex when it’s f****** glorious goodwood!!! ??‍♂️??‍♂️ Cost me a bloody fortune. I will have the phone out during the wedding checking for updates. 

That was a s*** one.  Stubbs last appearance.  Think he made about 3 for those 10 months wages.  Fair play to him getting back on a pitch after his serious health issues but another expensive signing of Jewells in terms of wages that was never going to bear fruit.

8 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

There’s any even bigger issue, that I suspect many fans have yet to realise the true magnitude of…

WhoScored detailed match stats only go down to the championship, so we’re out of scope this season ?. How will we argue about who’s the better winger when we can’t compare their average crosses per minute played? How will we know who’s the best midfielder when we can’t cross reference their pass completion stats to their key passes per 90 minutes? We might have to actually watch the games ?

Nooo don't tell me that, I'm already geting ridiculus stat withdrawals

Came to a head last week when I told the Mrs that, despite her completing more chores than me, I'm completing more Key-chores/90mins

Hi everyone. Really looking forward to today's game! I'm bringing my little lad - does anyone know if there is a spot you can watch the players enter the ground? And if so what time they usually go in? I usually just rock up to pride park five minutes before kick off but want to make sure my lad gets the full match day experience!