This year's scapegoat

I have been watching Derby County for close on 50 years and rarely has there been a season where the fans haven't singled a player out for unfair criticism.

After last season when the fans tended to get behind most of the players, will we have the resolution to carry that on, or will we revert to type and do our best to destroy the confidence of at least one scapegoat?

After reading many of the comments following the friendlies, my personal opinion is that James Chester is starting from a point where our fans will quickly turn against him if WE don't start well and if he continues to get in ahead of Chashin. Neither of these issues can be completely controlled by Chester but I feel that he is the early front runner.

Chester is a strong shout, as is Collins as the expectation of goals will fall on him I expect 

There's obviously our other villains like MM and Byrne who will still be getting swipes if we struggle early.

Bielik potentially too, anyone you suspect doesn't want to be here will be battered if they don't meet expectations, and his expectations seem to be high despite injuries 

Sadly it’s the “Derby Way” to identify a scapegoat, here’s a thought let’s try to replicate last seasons “us against the world” siege mentality.

The players responded exceptionally well to our unwavering support, the lack of booing and sighs around the ground was a refreshing change. 

“MORE OF THE SAME YOU RAMS”

Instead of rocking our own teams confidence let’s take it to The EFL, Gibson and especially the Wycombe yank like last season !!

COME ON YOU RAMS ? ??

Can’t wait for Saturday, can you tell ???

2 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I have been watching Derby County for close on 50 years and rarely has there been a season where the fans haven't singled a player out for unfair criticism.

After last season when the fans tended to get behind most of the players, will we have the resolution to carry that on, or will we revert to type and do our best to destroy the confidence of at least one scapegoat?

After reading many of the comments following the friendlies, my personal opinion is that James Chester is starting from a point where our fans will quickly turn against him if WE don't start well and if he continues to get in ahead of Chashin. Neither of these issues can be completely controlled by Chester but I feel that he is the early front runner.

To turn your point around slightly whom do you consider it was last season?

2 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Chester is a strong shout, as is Collins as the expectation of goals will fall on him I expect 

There's obviously our other villains like MM and Byrne who will still be getting swipes if we struggle early.

Bielik potentially too, anyone you suspect doesn't want to be here will be battered if they don't meet expectations, and his expectations seem to be high despite injuries 

I'm nervous about Collins.

He's not what he once was.

Last season 3 goals in 23 matches is a terrible return.

We definitely lack fire power.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/kemar-roofe-rangers-loan-transfer-24575954

I was hoping we might sign kemar roofe on loan, but it looks like he might be sheffield wednesday bound.

I doubt anyone's daft enough to think mcgoldrick will be derbys leading striker.

Stretton looks far from the finished article.