Korey Smith - Signed 2 year deal

Animal is a Ram

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

My point is, we’re still not blessed with goals. Bielik chips in with goals for anyone saying it’s a replacement for him.

We are not blessed with goals anywhere in this line up Collins aside. It’s a bell of a lot of pressure on him.

I hope TB and NML can step up and get close to double digits but the likes of Thompson, Bird, Knight have a goals return ratio which is extremely poor. Even McGoldrick will be a push to get to double digits. Hourihane scored one goal in 29 for Sheff Utd last season.

Understand you may disagree with my original post but are people not worried about where our goals will come from?

I think his goal ratio is severely restricted by his being a workhouse in side that had limited resources .  Played as a midfield runner off someone who holds the ball up I'd expect him to bag a minimum of 10 a season.  He got 6 in 31 in his debut season with a fair few of those as sub .  A moot point really as I'll be amazed if he's here in the next couple of weeks.  Your right about Bird however, who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, bar one worldy.  He really needs to add that to his game. 

I don't want us playing with two holding midfielders this season. We did that last season and hardly created any chances at all. We need to be more forward thinking and lose one of the defensive players in the setup. So I'm not especially thrilled to see this, even though he sounds like a decent player. We have Bielik, Bird, Thompson and now Smith for what I am hoping is one position. Even if one of them goes, that's still a lot of defensive midfielders.

4 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

It's getting to a point where our midfield is bloated if we sign Korey.

What type of midfielder is he? I can't really remember him if I am honest.

He’s a destroyer. Breaks up play sets moves going, high energy good on the ball. Just what we need assuming Bielik and/or Knight are going. Fact Swansea had him means he’s a good footballer. They don’t take lumps 

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I don't want us playing with two holding midfielders this season. We did that last season and hardly created any chances at all. We need to be more forward thinking and lose one of the defensive players in the setup. So I'm not especially thrilled to see this, even though he sounds like a decent player. We have Bielik, Bird, Thompson and now Smith for what I am hoping is one position. Even if one of them goes, that's still a lot of defensive midfielders.

I think Bird can play higher up. Bird has the potential to dictate play, he’s a lovely cultured footballer. There was a game under Cocu where he was almost playing like a no.10 and he was fantastic. He covers a lot of ground so I don’t see Birds role as just sitting in front of a back 4. He has the ability to be a complete midfielder (bar the goal tally)

1 minute ago, enachops said:

I think Bird can play higher up. Bird has the potential to dictate play, he’s a lovely cultured footballer. There was a game under Cocu where he was almost playing like a no.10 and he was fantastic. He covers a lot of ground so I don’t see Birds role as just sitting in front of a back 4. He has the ability to be a complete midfielder (bar the goal tally)

Spot on. We can play with a 2 but smith will destroy and enable bird to support the 3 and 1. This will give us great balance, Tommo as back up. Bielik is going (hopefully on loan), need to push for a good deal for Knight, keep Bird at all costs 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bird is not a defensive midfielder.