Korey Smith - Signed 2 year deal

Animal is a Ram

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

6 goals in 323 games. Oh Jesus - he will fit right in with us.

Even with players going, this isn’t what we need. 

I know the cliche of don’t write a player off but he’s literally scored no goals anywhere which as a midfielder is poor. He makes Jason Knight look prolific.

This is a strange one for me.

Makelele scored about 15 goals in 600 odd appearances and he was as good a holding midfielder ever.

Ever.

In the history of the game. 

Your reservations are strange. 

56 minutes ago, rammieib said:

6 goals in 323 games. Oh Jesus - he will fit right in with us.

Even with players going, this isn’t what we need. 

I know the cliche of don’t write a player off but he’s literally scored no goals anywhere which as a midfielder is poor. He makes Jason Knight look prolific.

This is a strange one for me.

He’s a CDM ?

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

Makelele scored about 15 goals in 600 odd appearances and he was as good a holding midfielder ever.

Ever.

Sometimes, it's not a case of 'how many'.

The one that springs to mind for me is Bobby Moncur, captain of Newcastle in the late 60's and early 70's.

He scored just 3 goals in 296 games - all of them coming in the 1969 Inter Cities Fairs Cup Final

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sometimes, it's not a case of 'how many'.

The one that springs to mind for me is Bobby Moncur, captain of Newcastle in the late 60's and early 70's.

He scored just 3 goals in 296 games - all of them coming in the 1969 Inter Cities Fairs Cup Final

Indeed. George Williams didn’t score many goals but he was absolutely crucial in that decent team cox assembled. 

My point is, we’re still not blessed with goals. Bielik chips in with goals for anyone saying it’s a replacement for him.

We are not blessed with goals anywhere in this line up Collins aside. It’s a bell of a lot of pressure on him.

I hope TB and NML can step up and get close to double digits but the likes of Thompson, Bird, Knight have a goals return ratio which is extremely poor. Even McGoldrick will be a push to get to double digits. Hourihane scored one goal in 29 for Sheff Utd last season.

Understand you may disagree with my original post but are people not worried about where our goals will come from?

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

Ever.

Yeah - and who did he have around him lol. 

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

My point is, we’re still not blessed with goals. Bielik chips in with goals for anyone saying it’s a replacement for him.

We are not blessed with goals anywhere in this line up Collins aside. It’s a bell of a lot of pressure on him.

I hope TB and NML can step up and get close to double digits but the likes of Thompson, Bird, Knight have a goals return ratio which is extremely poor. Even McGoldrick will be a push to get to double digits. Hourihane scored one goal in 29 for Sheff Utd last season.

Understand you may disagree with my original post but are people not worried about where our goals will come from?

Nope

7 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Indeed. George Williams didn’t score many goals but he was absolutely crucial in that decent team cox assembled. 

I remember being stood on The Popside one game,we were about 6 mins into injury time when someone piped up 'don't worry George, we're playing until you score'

Not known for his goal scoring prowess but a hell of a player... 

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Look at some of our favourite CDMs in recent times, in seasons where we were challenging for promotion.

George Thorne - 4 goals in 112 league appearances.

John Eustace - 2 goals in 48 for Derby

Even Bielik who you mention has scored 3 in 48 games, but we haven't been at the right end of the table with him in the side. It's almost as if these players have a different role, and how many goals they score has little to no indication as to where we finish in the table. Any successful side is about balance and getting the right mix of players. If we want goals from midfield, I'm sure we could put the top 3 scoring centre mids in together. I guarantee we'd finish higher if we sacrifice a goalscorer for more balance, though.

34 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think we need another striker. If Collins got a long term injury early doors I would be a bit worried.

28 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

I remember being stood on The Popside one game,we were about 6 mins into injury time when someone piped up 'don't worry George, we're playing until you score'

Not known for his goal scoring prowess but a hell of a player... 

I remember him scoring a consolation goal in a 2-1 defeat to Sunderland in injury time.  Went like a rocket from miles out and some huge geezer standing behind me dropped his 30 stone frame on me in the crush pinning me to a crash barrier .  Ribs were killing for a week.  Cheers George you a-hole.