Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

16 minutes ago, alram said:

bad attitude, drink driving, stupid sendings off, the whole kirchner stuff

need i go on?

do you think Rangers fans have never experienced their players doing all that? Do you know about Rangers? They have this one player, they treat him like a god, name is Morelos, you should check out his history!

31 minutes ago, alram said:

bad attitude, drink driving, stupid sendings off, the whole kirchner stuff

need i go on?

The drink driving incident was terrible. It was a rare, out of character occurrence. That's not an excuse but he deserves a second chance. Since the incident, you have to say that he has got his head down and performed for the club. 

I'm not sure where this 'bad attitude' stuff comes from. I haven't seen it. He is a hard working player. The only thing that lets Lawrence down is the petulance and stupid red cards.

The Kirchner stuff really isn't something worth mentioning. 

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Wish him luck and interesting to see if he plays himself back into the Wales squad. Mel saved his career after joinergate, should have gone for gross misconduct.

He was never going to go for gross misconduct though was he when he was worth a half decent transfer fee to Morris.

So Morris actually by making the wrong decision also heaped a bit more hate Lawrence's way, compounded by the double standards of sacking Keogh at the same time. 

The right decision would have been sacking Lawrence then seeking compensation back from him personally as per Adrian Mutu and Chelsea. 

Argh, was always going to go really. A few on here don't rate him but his stock is ok with clubs who can afford him and that's what matters in this instance. Been a rocky road I guess but I've always been in the pro camp and there I remain. Some silly stuff, some lulls in form, but also some exquisite goals that in all honesty, nobody else at the club would have scored. 

Good luck Tom and thanks for the memories.

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Wish him luck and interesting to see if he plays himself back into the Wales squad. Mel saved his career after joinergate, should have gone for gross misconduct.

We tried that with another one of them and it didn't go well. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

He was never going to go for gross misconduct though was he when he was worth a half decent transfer fee to Morris.

So Morris actually by making the wrong decision also heaped a bit more hate Lawrence's way, compounded by the double standards of sacking Keogh at the same time. 

The right decision would have been sacking Lawrence then seeking compensation back from him personally as per Adrian Mutu and Chelsea. 

Mutu was a coke head. Somewhat different from a young guy who’d just lost his mother and did a stupid thing .. Also he was fit to come to work and fulfill his contractual duties which Keogh was not. Further .. Keogh was the club Captain and should have been keeping an eye on his lads .. which he didn’t 

Tom is very much a marmite player for most people on here, though I’m not so sure I view him particularly strongly in either direction. I can’t say I’m that bothered by him leaving; I am neither delighted he has ended his association with the club, or devastated he is gone. Despite his potential, he was never able to have a long term impact, whether through injury, suspension, or erratic form. When he was ‘on it’, he was fantastic for us. The games against Sheffield United and Bournemouth really stand out from this season. For every wonderful moment, however, there seemed to be something silly to go with it. The red card vs Peterborough that saw him suspended for three crucial games, for example. For me, he will go down as a player who had undoubted potential, but lacked the motivation and focus to be consistent. The majority of good Lawrence performances come against top teams and he often goes missing vs weaker ones. In other words, I think he lacks the ability to really motivate himself on lesser occasions. Overall, he was inconsistent and was never able to really kick on when he needed to. His 62 goals and assists in 184 games puts him in a 1 g/a in every 3 games category, which is fine for a middling championship player - something Lawrence could and should be far more than. 

41 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

That’s because action was taken against the wrong individual.

The committee actually ruled that no act of gross misconduct had been committed. If the club sacked the others involved, there's a decent chance it would have resulted in payouts to all 3 (or 4) of them.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Mutu was a coke head. Somewhat different from a young guy who’d just lost his mother and did a stupid thing .. Also he was fit to come to work and fulfill his contractual duties which Keogh was not. Further .. Keogh was the club Captain and should have been keeping an eye on his lads .. which he didn’t 

What legal duty of care did Keogh have for Lawrence.

Answer - none. Lawrence was over 18 therefore in the eyes of the law is responsible for his own actions. Bugger all to do with Keogh keeping an eye on him.