Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

3 hours ago, alram said:

bad attitude, drink driving, stupid sendings off, the whole kirchner stuff

need i go on?

It still not as bad as Gazza playing the imaginary flute in front of Celtic fans.

Edited by Mr. P

I will miss Tom's football, always felt like something excellent might happen when he had the ball. I think we are going to miss that flair.

He has also buckled down and worked very hard for the club, put in some effort defending as well as attacking, particularly last season. 

However, it's a good chunk of wages out of the way and we have to be realistic. 

I think it's a great move for him, deserves a fresh start away from the "supporters" who are incapable of forgiveness. 

I will follow the rest of his career with interest.

(Can Sibbo have his spot, please, Liam? ?)

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What legal duty of care did Keogh have for Lawrence.

Answer - none. Lawrence was over 18 therefore in the eyes of the law is responsible for his own actions. Bugger all to do with Keogh keeping an eye on him. 

No legal duty obviously, but he was the club captain for crying out loud. These sort of things aren’t in some petty rule book , flow chart or job specifications to be ruled on by HR.  They are moral, sporting ethics and imperatives that define decent honourable behaviour. If you don’t get that then I really am sad for you. Lawrence messed up and was punished. Keogh had a greater duty and failed miserably along with getting crocked at the same time

You know what .. being club Captain HAS to mean something and it isn’t an arm band and your picture on a poster. If you understand sportsmanship, then something like pulling on an England shirt isn’t about a big payday or your ego (yes it happens, that’s nice and makes the world go round) it’s really about the huge huge privilege of representing your country at the highest level and becoming part of a greater pantheon. Yeah yeah old fashioned stuff an nonsense, it’s work, it’s a business I it’s money etc etc  but I am going to hang on to my ethic and belief for all my days. Code, honour, oaths, duties they count in my world and those that uphold them are to be cherished. 

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What legal duty of care did Keogh have for Lawrence.

Answer - none. Lawrence was over 18 therefore in the eyes of the law is responsible for his own actions. Bugger all to do with Keogh keeping an eye on him. 

They were out on a team building exercise and yes Keogh club captain at the time should have taken responsibity and stayed sober and kept the players on the straight and narrow, for they were also representing the club out in public, is the joiners not a public house.

Keogh should have been sold after the wembley defeat, when we would have brought in a decent transfer fee.

Lawrence should have been sold after the joiners incident when we could have got a decent fee, yet another player gone for nothing, if after 5 years and a cost of £5 million, do you really believe he has been value on his £20,000 plus per week wages.

17 minutes ago, jono said:

No legal duty obviously, but he was the club captain for crying out loud. These sort of things aren’t in some petty rule book , flow chart or job specifications to be ruled on by HR.  They are moral, sporting ethics and imperatives that define decent honourable behaviour. If you don’t get that then I really am sad for you. Lawrence messed up and was punished. Keogh had a greater duty and failed miserably along with getting crocked at the same time

You know what .. being club Captain HAS to mean something and it isn’t an arm band and your picture on a poster. If you understand sportsmanship, then something like pulling on an England shirt isn’t about a big payday or your ego (yes it happens, that’s nice and makes the world go round) it’s really about the huge huge privilege of representing your country at the highest level and becoming part of a greater pantheon. Yeah yeah old fashioned stuff an nonsense, it’s work, it’s a business I it’s money etc etc  but I am going to hang on to my ethic and belief for all my days. Code, honour, oaths, duties they count in my world and those that uphold them are to be cherished. 

You've answered my question.

But take on board your points about morals and ethics etc. Just think in this case Lawrence can't blame anyone else for his own personal actions neither should we try and blame others. 

Just like you mention about ethics there is also an ethic of personal responsibility and taking ownership of one's own actions. 

10 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Lawrence should have been sold after the joiners incident when we could have got a decent fee, yet another player gone for nothing, if after 5 years and a cost of £5 million, do you really believe he has been value on his £20,000 plus per week wages.

Lawrence probably knackered that for us as no one wanted a problem child just coming off the back of a court case and potential custodial sentence.

Am sure there were clubs who would have took him off our hands if the price was right for them i.e. next to sod all as he would have been seen as a liability and a gamble. 

And do I think he has been value for money? Don't think I need to answer that.