Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

If Tom was honest with himself, I don't think he could say that he's ever had a consistently good spell in a Derby shirt and he's never done himself any favours in letting the majority of Derby supporters warm to him.

As harsh as this might sound, he can leave in January for me and I don't think I'd realise he'd gone. Or maybe I would because we might have a leader on the pitch who looks and plays like one. 

I don't think we should be piling in on Lawrence. It was obvious he was going to leave after his contracted ended, which I believe suits all parties. He's not going to be here next year and personally I would give him the month off, as well as others who don't see their future here next year, so we can bed in the younger lads who may well be needed next season. 

Let's be honest, we're going to be playing in games that have absolutely no meaning. The players looking to move aren't going to put their bodies on the line, they will do the bare minimum to get by - essentially making them worse than a 18 year old who may want to make a point. If if the latter doesn't, at least we will have learnt more than carting out the senior players that won't be here. 

Byrne is another potentially in the same boat. 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't think we should be piling in on Lawrence. It was obvious he was going to leave after his contracted ended, which I believe suits all parties. He's not going to be here next year and personally I would give him the month off, as well as others who don't see their future here next year, so we can bed in the younger lads who may well be needed next season. 

Let's be honest, we're going to be playing in games that have absolutely no meaning. The players looking to move aren't going to put their bodies on the line, they will do the bare minimum to get by - essentially making them worse than a 18 year old who may want to make a point. If if the latter doesn't, at least we will have learnt more than carting out the senior players that won't be here. 

Byrne is another potentially in the same boat. 

Byrne has already shown this already this season 

time for a move for him and Derby to be honest, a good player but over hyped imo he had 1 good season at Ipswich and thats it. hot , cold and frozen some times and some fans wanted to blame him for every thing. career has just come to a cras...  i mean stagnant 

Best bit of Derby news this year. I am confused as to some fans view that he is a 'good player'. I've said it once and i'll say it again.. He has one half decent season at a very poor Ipswich team. When you look at his goals at Ipswich they were mostly just lucky worldies and he was just smashing them in from 30 yards out. There's no skill or finesse in that he is literally just twatting the ball as hard as he can. Anyway, that convinced Mel to fork out millions on him. When you look at his career he hasn't done much all, certainly not in a Derby shirt.

Infuriating to watch, greedy, undisciplined, and generally lacks quality. The amount of wreckless yellow cards he gets is ridiculous for a winger. His assist/goal return has been atrocious. 

I can't help but put my head in my hands when we have a free kick and he is standing over it like Ronaldo. In his head he's thinking 'GoInG 2 KnUcKle BaLL ThIs ToP CoRNa LaDss'. Ends up in Row Z without fail.

Get rid, fell off my chair when I read he was on £37k a week for a mediocre championship winger. Or is he a winger or a 10 don't even know anymore. Captain as well, Jesus. 

(awaits comments: 'he's got the quality just inconsistent' sigh... 

Edited by angieram
Take out personal insults

Lawrence is a decent player. Certainly not my cup of tea, but he's proven Championship quality. The problem with his time at Derby has always been that he's never come close to living up to the justifiably high expectations for one of the highest wage earners. And before anyone starts, yes, I'm aware that the 37k listed in the Mail isn't necessarily accurate, he's definitely one of our top earners regardless.

One of my major frustrations is that Lawrence is the prime example of our bafflingly poor transfer policy that has helped land us in our current mess;

Bang average player has statistically exceptional season that any analysis deeper than, "oooh shiney, we want" would reveal as a clear anomaly unlikely to be reproduced.

Once the player is at their peak career value Derby swoop in with an absurdly high bid and stupidly high wages to dissuade competition from other clubs who the players agent assured us were very close to signing him.

Realise we've been sold a dud and wonder why there's no interest when we put the word out that a bang average player with 30k/week wage demands is available for transfer.