Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I will miss Tom's football, always felt like something excellent might happen when he had the ball. I think we are going to miss that flair.

He has also buckled down and worked very hard for the club, put in some effort defending as well as attacking, particularly last season. 

However, it's a good chunk of wages out of the way and we have to be realistic. 

I think it's a great move for him, deserves a fresh start away from the "supporters" who are incapable of forgiveness. 

I will follow the rest of his career with interest.

(Can Sibbo have his spot, please, Liam? ?)

Absolutely all of this @angieram

Scored some great goals, forget his red mist flaws. He’ll be in a bit of a goldfish bowl but hopefully he’s matured enough now to cope. I’m glad he’s gone there though, at least there’s little likelihood of playing or moreover scoring against us (expect it might take us a few years before we play in European competition again ?).

P.s Another hoping Sibbo can step into that deeper role behind a target man.

Good luck to him ? 

Thanks for your service Tom and good luck. Been an excellent servant for the club over the years, particularly when providing pretty much our only attacking spark during the last couple of awful years. Certainly a player that will be remembered - for some spectacular moments on the pitch, but also less fondly for his moments off the pitch.

Agree that for all his 'marmite' tendencies, I'm not fussed either way. Decent player, excellent on the rare occasion and one of those playees that opposition fans see the highlights reel and really rate.

Probably been his best season ... but also seems to have been made captain for his benefit rather than the team.

Continually flattered to deceive during his career in hindsight.

Personally he bugs me..he's the annoying kid on your team who turns up with all the expensive gear and his parents tell everyone he's the best player, who takes all the free kicks, dribbles unnecessarily and never passes, who cries when you lose and eventually leaves telling everyone he's been 'scouted'.

(PS if you don't recognise the sound of that kid, it was you ?).

No hard feelings, he got stuck in this season at that same time was able to run down his contract and get a good move. Good for him. Not bothered either way, didn't see him battling week in week out in League 1 so am glad he's off the wage bill.

Yup, good luck Tom. Never shared the negativity of others towards him. Yeah, he made a mistake with the crash incident and he was inconsistent at times and a little hot headed at others.

But when he was good, he was good. And if you took the Top 5 of is thirty or so goals for Derby, they'd be up there with all the other greats. 

Edited by Sheff Ram

Last season would have been a lot worse without him in the team. He definitely matured with the captaincy - Peterbrough (H) excepted.

He may not have been totally value for money, but that's not entirely his fault.

I'll miss him, even if most of you miserable gets won't. He puts you on the edge of your seat. The brace against Sheffield United was something to behold.

I hope the worst is now behind him, too. 

Just watched back the two goals he scored against Sheff Utd last season.....1st thing... fantastic goals and he will have chance to do that more often in the SPL, secondly, the atmosphere at PP that day, and the noise when the goals went in....on par with noise I've heard at Ibrox.......I wish him well....let's not forget, once a Ram always a Ram.......apart from Mason Bennett maybe