Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

Good move for him with European football on the agenda and the fact that gers will pay big wages. No loss as a Derby player in my opinion. Too little too late from last seasons performances to rekindle any love for him as a player of the previous years. Yeah he scored some good goals and the odd man of the match performances but not enough 7 out of 10 games to warrant being captain or hold any endearment from me. Bye bye Tom. 

42 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Good move for Tom. Similar player to Kris Commons and his move to Celtic worked well for him - can see the same with TL at Rangers.

Anyone who has spent time in Glasgow will tell you that Rangers are a PROPER big club. Shame they aren't in a paper league.

He'll rip that paper league apart

3 hours ago, Donegal Ram said:

Good move for him with European football on the agenda and the fact that gers will pay big wages. No loss as a Derby player in my opinion. Too little too late from last seasons performances to rekindle any love for him as a player of the previous years. Yeah he scored some good goals and the odd man of the match performances but not enough 7 out of 10 games to warrant being captain or hold any endearment from me. Bye bye Tom. 

i'm not shedding any tears

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Surprised Rangers are in for him. Good luck to him, always an enigma for us. 

I'm not, He's more than good enough for that division, He'll hope to be a star, Only if TL performs on a regular basis, The away teams will do their homework on him, Football aint pretty, Refs are absolute shyte, And it is very very cold in the Winter 

Wish the lad well, he divided opinion long before the Joiners Arms incident, that was the cherry on the cake for some.

He's young, been through something that I couldn't imagine, losing his mum in his twenties, that doesn't give him the right to drink drive, although I won't deny him any sympathy and understanding either.

Getting battered week in week out by fans, completely unaware of his personal struggles, that cannot have been easy. Football fans tend to forget these footballers are real people.

As a player this is a great move for him, whilst some will argue over the quality of football up there, this would be a selling point as he has the ability to go up there and finish his career as a Rangers legend whilst on a decent wage. 

50/50 chance of winning the SPL, throw in a few cups and oh, the chance to play European football.

It makes sense in a lot of ways and Glasgow is one hell of a city, love going up to Scotland myself, cracking country it is and a fresh start for the lad.

Whilst I would have preferred he went to Celtic, do wish him well expect for in the Old Firm games.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Wish the lad well, he divided opinion long before the Joiners Arms incident, that was the cherry on the cake for some.

He's young, been through something that I couldn't imagine, losing his mum in his twenties, that doesn't give him the right to drink drive, although I won't deny him any sympathy and understanding either.

Getting battered week in week out by fans, completely unaware of his personal struggles, that cannot have been easy. Football fans tend to forget these footballers are real people.

As a player this is a great move for him, whilst some will argue over the quality of football up there, this would be a selling point as he has the ability to go up there and finish his career as a Rangers legend whilst on a decent wage. 

50/50 chance of winning the SPL, throw in a few cups and oh, the chance to play European football.

It makes sense in a lot of ways and Glasgow is one hell of a city, love going up to Scotland myself, cracking country it is and a fresh start for the lad.

Whilst I would have preferred he went to Celtic, do wish him well expect for in the Old Firm games.

You were getting a like until you got the last sentence.?

48 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

How exactly did he "act" here?

He's probably referring to drink driving with a teenager in the car and leaving the scene of the accident having injuring the club captain. 

Just a guess