Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

• 3 months later...

Just a long list of clubs that need a creative player, really.

It would be interesting to see how Tom does in a team with class players all around him but I don't think these are the sort of teams I mean - possible exception Bournemouth. 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Just a long list of clubs that need a creative player, really.

It would be interesting to see how Tom does in a team with class players all around him but I don't think these are the sort of teams I mean - possible exception Bournemouth. 

I can’t see Bournemouth having the football much to be honest 

To be honest, Lawrence would probably be better served getting out of the limelight of England for a bit. After his past misdemeanours, I suspect he’s not all that popular around here. If he wants to prove to his national team that he’s put it all behind him and he’s a changed man, knuckling down somewhere boring like Celtic would probably do him the world of good. Easy to look like a world beater up there.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Not in Wales plans, Rooney made him captain, we stuck by him during Joinersgate and his personal issues. 

he could earn more money elsewhere but I think he will give us a year. It would be wise to offer contracts with a release clause if we don’t get promoted this season. 

Loyalty is a much used word but very often forgot where cash is concerned .

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I did hear couple weeks back on radio derby on sport sence that tom lawance one of ones being offered new contract at derby. It make more sence off him one if wales do well we might even make a profit.

We paid 5 million for him so would be good going.

Will be surprised if he does sign a new contract though with the way the club supported him over The Joiners episode I'd like to think he'll remember that and act accordingly.

Will be very interested to see what pans out accordingly.

1 hour ago, glyn1957 said:

Loyalty is a much used word but very often forgot where cash is concerned .

Loyalty should have no place in football for players, honestly. We can preach loyalty till we're blue in the face, but as soon as he starts performing below what his contracted wage earns him then the fans are the first to get on his back and he's lucky if it's only them. 

We've seen numerous clubs even cold shoulder players, have them train with the reserves and make their life a misery when the club want out of their deal. We've seen that happen to plenty of Derby players over the past decade. It happens everywhere and seen as part of the game, but for that reason then I can understand why no player would be sucked in by purely loyalty. 

There are teams that will offer Lawrence more money to join their club, without a question of any doubt, so Derby will have to be creative if they want to keep Lawrence around. It's not always about the contracted wage - there are numerous things the club can do to make it financially viable for Lawrence. It all depends on what other clubs are in for him and what their plans are for him. 

I suspect that Wales qualifying for the world cup may play a part in his decision - a move to a top-end Championship/newly promoted to the PL club and a good start to the season would get him noticed, probably back in the Welsh squad and off to Quatar - not something that will happen if he's playing in League One.....

11 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I suspect that Wales qualifying for the world cup may play a part in his decision - a move to a top-end Championship/newly promoted to the PL club and a good start to the season would get him noticed, probably back in the Welsh squad and off to Quatar - not something that will happen if he's playing in League One.....

Nah, if he scores against Accrington Stanley, he’ll be in.

34 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

There is no way Tom is getting in the Welsh squad whilst Rob Page is manager they had a major fallout when he was u21 manager and it reportedly is still a issue.