Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

11 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Personally,I’m a Tom Lawrence fan so I’m finding it hard to come to terms with all this praise now suddenly being lavished on him when it wasn’t so long ago that he was being cast as a club villain for his part in the “Joiners affair”. His commitment and work ethic was being questioned on various social media on a weekly, sometimes daily ,basis and so many “fans” were happy to state their dissatisfaction with what they perceived as a lack of effort and discipline on his part. He has his faults but Rooney has seen enough to make him captain so he must be doing something right.His contract ,like so many others ,finishes at the end of June and it just may be that a decent transfer fee,while he’s playing well,may just be enough to keep us afloat until the preferred bidder is named.Players come and players go,that’s football! The main thing is that we still have a Club to support at the end of this never ending nightmare.I’ve followed Derby since 1964 and one thing is for sure, it’s never ever been boring !

A lot of that was true and justified criticism - he's been far from consistent and petulant at times. You could say that he's playing to put himself in the shop window, or that its typical that after all his issues on and off the pitch he's got himself back on track we're going to lose him.

Its little wonder we're in such a mess. Rarely do we get a talent who showcases their skills to the maximum at Derby and leaves for a brilliant fee.

To reiterate we spent £10m on Johnson (who wouldn't even attempt to use his right foot to control the ball) and Butterfield who could slow down a high speed train. We sold an 'on form' Hughes for what? £7m? We signed Lawrence for £7m and we haven't got value for him and he's going to go for possibly £3-4m.

9 minutes ago, BBG83 said:

A lot of that was true and justified criticism - he's been far from consistent and petulant at times. You could say that he's playing to put himself in the shop window, or that its typical that after all his issues on and off the pitch he's got himself back on track we're going to lose him.

Its little wonder we're in such a mess. Rarely do we get a talent who showcases their skills to the maximum at Derby and leaves for a brilliant fee.

To reiterate we spent £10m on Johnson (who wouldn't even attempt to use his right foot to control the ball) and Butterfield who could slow down a high speed train. We sold an 'on form' Hughes for what? £7m? We signed Lawrence for £7m and we haven't got value for him and he's going to go for possibly £3-4m.

I agreed with all of that until I saw your current valuation of Lawrence at the end 

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I agreed with all of that until I saw your current valuation of Lawrence at the end 

Its not my valuation but my guess at the going rate for a player out of contract in the summer who plays for a team without a penny. In the unreal world of football we should be getting minimum of £10m for him.

1 hour ago, BBG83 said:

Its not my valuation but my guess at the going rate for a player out of contract in the summer who plays for a team without a penny. In the unreal world of football we should be getting minimum of £10m for him.

Not at the moment. The only teams spending money are those in the Premier League or those in the first or second year of parachute payments. Lawrence is in great form, but with limited clubs spending money and the number of clubs who need money and would sell players for 'fair fees' then the price is driven down. Not to mention he's out of contact in 6 months. 

£1m would be fair, however the balance of the argument is that we kill ourselves selling him. £1m to accept relegation doesn't seem overly smart. However, with no further progress from prospective buyers then selling him makes sense because we can't even guarantee we will be a club in a few months. 

I guarantee that if Lawrence is sold it will only be done if no bidder is firming their interest, because anyone who seriously wants to buy the club wouldn't want their most in-form player walking out the door deep into a relegation battle. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Not at the moment. The only teams spending money are those in the Premier League or those in the first or second year of parachute payments. Lawrence is in great form, but with limited clubs spending money and the number of clubs who need money and would sell players for 'fair fees' then the price is driven down. Not to mention he's out of contact in 6 months. 

£1m would be fair, however the balance of the argument is that we kill ourselves selling him. £1m to accept relegation doesn't seem overly smart. However, with no further progress from prospective buyers then selling him makes sense because we can't even guarantee we will be a club in a few months. 

I guarantee that if Lawrence is sold it will only be done if no bidder is firming their interest, because anyone who seriously wants to buy the club wouldn't want their most in-form player walking out the door deep into a relegation battle. 

Perhaps reports of admins speaking to  potential buyers is to get PBs to get on with it

4 hours ago, BBG83 said:

We signed Lawrence for £7m and we haven't got value for him and he's going to go for possibly £3-4m.

Not sure what makes you think we're going to get £3m for a player while we're in administration, especially when his contract is up at the end of the season anyway

21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Brazen statements? Oh dear. yes if you like! ?

He has said he likes to be honest. He's asked questions by the media he has information that he has been told. I repeat in this case it isn't Rooney doing the telling, he is just forwarding information. The chain goes back to the origin, in the current case the administrators - so not very far. ?

Not sure what you are laughing at here, but ok ?. Brazen is a perfectly acceptable word here. As i said previously nobody is forcing him to say any of this nonsense and yet he keeps doing it.

It is Rooney doing the telling. What an absolutely nonsense comment to make.  Doesnt matter who tells him what - he is the one spurting it out of his mouth. If you want to try and change the english language to suit your agenda please crack on.

You don't want people to criticise Rooney thats fine - again thats your perogative, but don't try your mental gymnastics with me, because you are wasting your time. And look we both know where the emojis are - yay! ????? 

13 minutes ago, GenBr said:

You don't want people to criticise Rooney thats fine - again thats your perogative, but don't try your mental gymnastics with me, because you are wasting your time. And look we both know where the emojis are - yay! ????? 

How very true, it is a waste of time. ?

On 26/01/2022 at 09:55, BBG83 said:

Just checked on  the Transfermarket  website,who are usually accurate on these things,and they quote a fee of £4.95m which is what I recollect from the time it occurred.We’ll be lucky to get £2.5m at the moment as he’s free in the summer.

Covid has killed the transfer market, no one is paying significant fees now. Most teams will be right on the line for FFP, look at Boro posting 35m loss in one season. Even if he still had 2 years left on his contract we'd still be looking at a bid of a maximum of 2m from a club with parachute payments.

2 hours ago, Maharan said:

Under current circumstances, I'd be amazed at a fee exceeding a million, and I don't think that's even remotely likely. Is he worth more than that to Derby? Absolutely, but any fee received would never reflect his worth to the current team.

Which is why we shouldn't sell