Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

52 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Sheffield United’s local journos saying Lawrence reported for pre-season with Derby despite his contract expiring but is expected to leave and they are interested.

I’m sort of hoping for a miracle on this one and for TL to give us one season in league one, but realistically I think he’s off.

Everyone is expecting him to leave but has he made his decision? The fact that the club haven't announced anything suggests not. 

50 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

The walking embodiment of the Mel Morris era!

I really don't think that's being fair tbh.  Obviously he wasn't absolutely amazing, and we probably overpaid slightly for him, and I know there were off-field issues, but for the most part he was always available, he played lots of games, we mostly used him in a way that suited his playing style, and he was reasonably productive over his entire time here.  Compared to a various other players that we payed silly money for, used completely wrongly and then paid to go away, there's a world of difference.

Get him gone asap for gods sake how long will some people cling on to a 1 game in 9 wonder boy . Shouldnt even be playing with us still the whole lot of them should have been sacked .Morris even bungled that . Surprised we havent had calls for Stevieeeeeee Mac part 4 or 5 or whatever we are on now as well . 

Edited by NottsRammy

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I really don't think that's being fair tbh.  Obviously he wasn't absolutely amazing, and we probably overpaid slightly for him, and I know there were off-field issues, but for the most part he was always available, he played lots of games, we mostly used him in a way that suited his playing style, and he was reasonably productive over his entire time here.  Compared to a various other players that we payed silly money for, used completely wrongly and then paid to go away, there's a world of difference.

I take your point. 

2 minutes ago, alram said:

if he has no interest in signing a new deal then he should be told that he cant report for training. why are we letting players get fit at our expense and effort.

Well we currently don’t have enough for a kick about and he hasn’t actually said he wants to move on whilst being correct about considering his options.

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well we currently don’t have enough for a kick about and he hasn’t actually said he wants to move on whilst being correct about considering his options.

thats true!

it is still not a great though. either committ or move on.

Edited by alram

He was frustrating, but I really don't understand the hate for him. If he gave us 8 games of 6/10 and 2 of 9/10, that's still far better than most of our squad for the past five or so years. I think Rooney understood him, you get the best out of ego players by making them important - hence the captaincy when there were far better options. He worked harder last season alone than the previous three combined.

Realistically, there's no way we can replace his creativity or goals with frees or lower league players, but I can't see him re-signing. I'd be happy with us building an attack around him because his movement and drive allowed more pedestrian players to shine.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He'll be off but I wouldn't expect anyone without a contract elsewhere to be training.  Gets a 6 month injury and he's stuffed. Probably just turned up to pick up crap from the training ground.

Thought Blackman was long gone.