Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

On 21/01/2022 at 11:41, rammieib said:

I hope the Admins take the same approach with Lawrence as they did with Sibley.

He is essential if we want any chance of staying up.

Lose him, we lose our match winner who may well win us 4-5 remaining games himself this season.

Take that away, we lose 1-2,000 off the home gates as well - that more than covers his wages.

He won't be short of offers once his contract expires and he will have the luxury of being able to demand more and choose where he wants to go. 

Really good point about home gates £ if the great escape is off

On 24/01/2022 at 07:21, GenBr said:

He is our only attacking threat really. He's the only one who can make something out of nothing and without him we'd hardly have scored anything this season. Our joint second highest scorer is still Curtis Davies!

TBF CKR has not had that many minutes on the pitch.  

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

TBF CKR has not had that many minutes on the pitch.  

We could go with big man little man compensation luke plange Richard's or festy plange.

I am sure if roony could offer new contracts he would tie down these 3 but roony proving that young rams can compete at this level.

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We could go with big man little man compensation luke plange Richard's or festy plange.

I am sure if roony could offer new contracts he would tie down these 3 but roony proving that young rams can compete at this level.

Festy Plange.

Sounds like a social disease.

Edited by Rammeister

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Surely not. Rooney said again a few days ago that no one will leave without his permission. Why would we sell our best player. I can't see it unless it entirely saves the club, which it won't. Think it's just rumours at this stage.

16 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Surely not. Rooney said again a few days ago that no one will leave without his permission. Why would we sell our best player. I can't see it unless it entirely saves the club, which it won't. Think it's just rumours at this stage.

Lawrence was always going to be prime target. Probably one of the highest wages at the club, and with the goals he scores, our most saleable asset, even if his contract is out at the end of the season.

Rooney's most recent comment is that he has no control over who goes. He'd like to keep everyone, but its in the hands of the admins. If there's an offer that goes some/all of the way to having the money to complete the season, plus a chunky amount off the wage bill, they'll accept.

Think it'll be tricky. Most deals these days are a wedge upfront, then all the extras. Can't see the admins accepting anything other than cash NOW, no extras.

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Lawrence was always going to be prime target. Probably one of the highest wages at the club, and with the goals he scores, our most saleable asset, even if his contract is out at the end of the season.

Rooney's most recent comment is that he has no control over who goes. He'd like to keep everyone, but its in the hands of the admins. If there's an offer that goes some/all of the way to having the money to complete the season, plus a chunky amount off the wage bill, they'll accept.

Think it'll be tricky. Most deals these days are a wedge upfront, then all the extras. Can't see the admins accepting anything other than cash NOW, no extras.

We have to look at it in balance. Selling Lawrence will dramatically reduce our chances of staying up but is the player that will bring in the most money. We know there will be offers but that doesn't mean we have to sell. The administrators have said that their intention is to maintain the integrity and quality of the squad. On Friday Rooney said 'the administrators have assured me that no one will leave without my say so.' It is also worth noting that the administrators said that selling players wasn't viable in raising the sufficient funds. I expect them to obtain these funds another way. 

23 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

When did Rooney say that?

He literally said on Saturday that he had assurances from the admins that no one else would leave without his say so.

I'm not aware Rooney spoke since Saturday?

According to various sites Bournemouth about to complete on Kiefer Moore from Cardiff.   Cardiff value him at 10 Million.  Surely they won't want Lawrence as well, and if that's Cardiff's valuation then even with a few months left on his contract, what do we value Tom at.

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

Edited by GangwayD

8 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

According to various sites Bournemouth about to complete on Kiefer Moore from Cardiff.   Cardiff value him at 10 Million.  Surely they won't want Lawrence as well, and if that's Cardiff's valuation then even with a few months left on his contract, what do we value Tom at.

Regards

Moore has 18 months left on his contract

20 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Regards

£2:3s:4d (ask your Grandad !)

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know Lawrence only has a few months left on his deal but surely any potential owner as well as Rooney need to weigh up his value in terms of how much he can potentially earn us by helping us stay up

Surely its clear by now that we will not be given the chance to stop up , dont delude yourself .......not going to happen whilst the three horsemen of the Apocalypse draw breath (and I dont mean the administrators)

Luke Plange, Colin Kazim-Richards, and Jack Stretton have enough to fight out the relegation battle, but Lawrence's departure would end any distant survival hopes.

Despite the potential immortality of avoiding relegation this season, the club's long term future must be prioritised.

Given that the club is still in administration, allowing Lawrence to leave this month might be the best option.

Derby are in the driving seat here and will be confident of striking a beneficial deal for both the club and Lawrence in the remaining six days of the window.

Lawrence is our best player by a country mile  - I really hope we keep him, if he stays we will stay up, will he sign a new contract once the new owners are in place? who knows..

But surely we are such a better bet in the Championship - I firmly believe he will want to stay, will he be allowed to have the choice?

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Rooney said things have changed a few days fewer ago.