Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

West Brom… is it just me or are they literally the most dull football club in the world? I’d have thought Lawrence might have found himself a more interesting move, somewhere new that might breathe fresh life into his career. He’ll just carry on as he always has at West Brom, scrapping but ultimately failing to achieve anything in the Championship.

10 hours ago, Carnero said:

WBA, Sheff Utd, Watford & Rangers... yeah such a terrible player isn't he ?

First three are Championship clubs though aren't they and you could argue that Rangers are also at Championship level.

Not sure what your point is? 4 Championship teams looking to acquire a player on a free punt. If we were able to ask for any significant amount of money for Lawrence do you think the "interest" would be the same. 

He'll be an OK Championship player just like he was for us, never justifying the 6 million quid expenditure on him as a player for us. 

Hopefully he'll have matured as a player too.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

First three are Championship clubs though aren't they and you could argue that Rangers are also at Championship level.

Not sure what your point is? 4 Championship teams looking to acquire a player on a free punt. If we were able to ask for any significant amount of money for Lawrence do you think the "interest" would be the same. 

He'll be an OK Championship player just like he was for us, never justifying the 6 million quid expenditure on him as a player for us. 

3 promotion chasing championship clubs + Rangers chasing a player many of our armchair critics have spent years trying to make out is not good enough for us, that's the point Durden.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

3 promotion chasing championship clubs + Rangers chasing a player many of our armchair critics have spent years trying to make out is not good enough for us, that's the point Durden.

He's a free punt, you overlooked my point which was if we were able to ask for anything like a substantive transfer fee for him would the "interest" from clubs be the same. 

I didn't say he wasn't good enough for the club personally, he is in a long line of players we grossly overpaid for and unfortunately his performances never matched his 6 million pound price tag for a Championship player.

Guess that's what you get for signing players on the basis of one above average season. 

16 hours ago, Carnero said:

WBA, Sheff Utd, Watford & Rangers... yeah such a terrible player isn't he ?

He is good for championship and would be superb for league 1, but these teams are getting him for free. Yes his wage demands are probably fairly high, but they wont have to pay a transfer fee so it wont matter. Im sure many second tier teams will be interested in a player of Toms quality when hes a free agent

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

He's a free punt, you overlooked my point which was if we were able to ask for anything like a substantive transfer fee for him would the "interest" from clubs be the same. 

I didn't say he wasn't good enough for the club personally, he is in a long line of players we grossly overpaid for and unfortunately his performances never matched his 6 million pound price tag for a Championship player.

Guess that's what you get for signing players on the basis of one above average season. 

That's not a very nice thing to call him....... ?

34 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Rangers are willing to compete on wages then I’d probably go there if I was him. He can pad some stats against the crap teams and gain more exposure ahead of the World Cup. Not sure if he has a realistic chance, but that would be his best chance.

Agree totally. Chance to play at Ibrox every other week, Celtic Park 4 times a season and some European football too. I'd take a little less to go to Rangers if I was him. 

42 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Agree totally. Chance to play at Ibrox every other week, Celtic Park 4 times a season and some European football too. I'd take a little less to go to Rangers if I was him. 

Not sure how correct this is...Rangers players wages per season

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/rangers/#:~:text=Rangers have a total of 44 players in,Premiership%2C the highest division of football in Scotland.

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That’s a long way off, staff costs are £46m in their latest accounts with a note that states £33.5m is the first team salary. They should be competitive in that case. 

20 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

That’s a long way off, staff costs are £46m in their latest accounts with a note that states £33.5m is the first team salary. They should be competitive in that case. 

If TL goes and has a chat with them I'd expect his agent will want to get close to their highest paid player Morelos on £33k + in that list.

As TL is a free agent he'd want a good chunk as a signing on fee or a longer contract?‍♀️

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Guess he’s not good enough for the SPL, hey @Jimbo Ram? ?

That's one team struck off the list, He'll have a few suiters, They'll be aware of his history and ability, There's a good player in there somewhere...getting it out on a regular basis from him is the difficult part

22 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That's one team struck off the list, He'll have a few suiters, They'll be aware of his history and ability, There's a good player in there somewhere...getting it out on a regular basis from him is the difficult part

There’s a huge number of teams interested in him for free, he’ll still leave, I’m sure of that. He’s proven himself over a number of years as a player capable of a good attacking output in the Championship. His past misdemeanours might put a few teams off though, as well as his awful discipline on the pitch. Personally I think he’d be best off leaving England for a bit, knuckling down somewhere where he can showcase his talent without being in the limelight too much, and try to rebuild his international reputation.

1 hour ago, CodnorRam said:

After a season where hes been essential for us id hope he'd sign on for another season like Bannan did for Sheff wednesday.

Wednesday paid him more to stay on, Somehow I don't think DCFC paying more would have been a good idea ?‍♀️

On 26/06/2022 at 07:35, Tyler Durden said:

If he has a choice it has to be Rangers and European football you’d think

4 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Wednesday paid him more to stay on, Somehow I don't think DCFC paying more would have been a good idea ?‍♀️

Yup…..like with the names suggested to become manager, there’s no way we could afford them.

Do people not realise we have been in admin for 9 months and we will be limited to a pretty strict financial plan by the EFL?