Wayne Rooney

roboto

3 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think this is a step backwards for him.  He’d have been better getting his badges and biding his time.  By October/November some chairmen, either at the upper end of the Championship or lower end of the Prem, would be getting a bit twitchy and he’d be in the running.  I don’t think he’s thought about the long term with this and he’ll now he “out of sight, out of mind” when jobs in this country become available.  Maybe he has Beckham-type plans in mind to own a club.

exactly.

i thought wayne said his long term goal was to manage everton or man utd. This move puts that back a few years

Dont really get this generally for family or professional reasons. The new family home seems to be finally done, the boys seem settled in schools and football academies, extended family close enough and they seem to have a good group of friends - raising 4 kids away from that seemed tough for them before based on what they have stated publicly. Then when he left Wayne said he would be building on his football coaching knowledge as well as getting his badges finalised. This move career wise seems really odd too.  There's something we are not aware of and possibly will never be aware of but otherwise it doesnt make any sense. Probably bit like this post. 
By the way loved what Wayne did here last season (and the rest of the team behind the scenes) but freedom of city seemed ridiculous before and seems more so now he's cleared off

7 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Dont really get this generally for family or professional reasons. The new family home seems to be finally done, the boys seem settled in schools and football academies, extended family close enough and they seem to have a good group of friends - raising 4 kids away from that seemed tough for them before based on what they have stated publicly. Then when he left Wayne said he would be building on his football coaching knowledge as well as getting his badges finalised. This move career wise seems really odd too.  There's something we are not aware of and possibly will never be aware of but otherwise it doesnt make any sense. Probably bit like this post. 
By the way loved what Wayne did here last season (and the rest of the team behind the scenes) but freedom of city seemed ridiculous before and seems more so now he's cleared off

He has very high salary expectations.  We could not match that anymore, and unless a Premiership club come in for him, he was about to see to sizable hit. 

He will probably do well with them for a few seasons and then the money this side of the Atlantic will come in nicely.

Also, in the US he is unknown (he might be recognised in DC itself).  I can imagine that is an attraction.

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t really want to spend any more time talking about Wazza , be we must be due compensation of around a million pounds for him going straight to D C United? That amount would really help Liam with the re- build.

But why would we? He wished to be relieved of his duties and we accepted his resignation. 

5 minutes ago, Shang said:

We can be glad that Rooney held onto the job as long as he did. If he left earlier there would have been more negative press around the club and the perceived value of the club would have tanked even further.

I wish him all the best in his new role.

Depends which view you want to take. Either the one you’ve mentioned, or him and Stretford being in cahoots with Kirchner dragged it on much further than it needed to. Take your pick really.

I’m not advocating either, by the way, but I know I don’t trust him anymore. 

Enjoyed having Rooney at the club. Scored some memorable goals. Who actually thought we’d ever see Wayne Rooney play for Derby?? Certainly not me. 

Also did a brilliant job at galvanising the team through a very turbulent, memorable period. How much of it was managerial know how and how much of it was an us against them attitude resonating through all the fans, staff, players etc for him to get carried along on? Whoknows. But there were some brilliantly, memorable, lasting moments.

The late come back and last minute Bielik equaliser against Birmingham…amazing. The towering header from Curtis to grab a late equaliser away at Reading and ensuing celebration something akin to Marco Tardelli…awesome. 

Despite it all, there were some moments last season I enjoyed nearly as much as our away win at Leeds in the play offs, and Rooney played a huge part in that. For that, and for nearly achieving the impossible, I’m truly grateful for. 

Don’t hold it against him for a minute that he resigned or took another job (whatever the case may be) after enduring what was it, 3 failed takeovers?? 4 failed takeovers?? I’ve genuinely lost count. I wish him all the best and hope to see him back here one day in an opposition dug out. 

We have Rosenior now. We actually have some players too. We have a club. So good luck and thanks Wayne, see you on the way back up ? 

3 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Enjoyed having Rooney at the club. Scored some memorable goals. Who actually thought we’d ever see Wayne Rooney play for Derby?? Certainly not me. 

Also did a brilliant job at galvanising the team through a very turbulent, memorable period. How much of it was managerial know how and how much of it was an us against them attitude resonating through all the fans, staff, players etc for him to get carried along on? Whoknows. But there were some brilliantly, memorable, lasting moments.

The late come back and last minute Bielik equaliser against Birmingham…amazing. The towering header from Curtis to grab a late equaliser away at Reading and ensuing celebration something akin to Marco Tardelli…awesome. 

Despite it all, there were some moments last season I enjoyed nearly as much as our away win at Leeds in the play offs, and Rooney played a huge part in that. For that, and for nearly achieving the impossible, I’m truly grateful for. 

Don’t hold it against him for a minute that he resigned or took another job (whatever the case may be) after enduring what was it, 3 failed takeovers?? 4 failed takeovers?? I’ve genuinely lost count. I wish him all the best and hope to see him back here one day in an opposition dug out. 

We have Rosenior now. We actually have some players too. We have a club. So good luck and thanks Wayne, see you on the way back up ? 

Cost them a few as well.  I'm not sure I've seen a more out of shape player put on a Derby shirt than Rooney in 20/21 and there've been a few whoppers.