Wayne Rooney

roboto

50 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That's not a fact at all.  He clearly had this alternative in the background. Anyone can see that. 

It is a fact - he resigned with no other job to go to (at the time of resigning). You can make up all the stories you want to paint him as the new snake (and he may well have been talking to them at the point he resigned - as I said, you don't know and I don't either, which is why I am not doing what others seem to be doing and letting my head voices become reality). But he didn't quit to join another club - Rowett, Lampard and McClaren did. It really is (it really is) as simple as that.

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It is a fact - he resigned with no other job to go to (at the time of resigning). You can make up all the stories you want to paint him as the new snake (and he may well have been talking to them at the point he resigned - as I said, you don't know and I don't either, which is why I am not doing what others seem to be doing and letting my head voices become reality). But he didn't quit to join another club - Rowett, Lampard and McClaren did. It really is (it really is) as simple as that.

Steve McClaren got sacked? 

55 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That's not a fact at all.  He clearly had this alternative in the background. Anyone can see that. 

Go on then, post the evidence to support it. 

BTW - I have to admit I've lost track of what it is you think I am arguing and where I am contradicting myself. I have said one thing, and one thing alone. Rooney didn't leave to take up another job, other managers have. You, and other may think he was talking to other parties at the time but there is no evidence to support that so it remains a 'think' on your behalf. And, while I respect your right to post them, I'll pass on your 'thinks'.

BTW2 - Big, big difference to "I planned to be part of a takeover consortium but it didn't work out so I am off" to Billy on the pitch. Not even close, not even in the same division, not even the same sport, not even the same language, country or universe. Cold business decision that showed this was always a business opportunity to Rooney, it wasn't a pique of rage from a paranoid git dwarf with an ego the size of a Mondeo. You might not like it that he looked on your club as a business opportunity - my point is that you are, frankly, fooling yourself to ever think it was going to anything other than. Soz!

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

You don’t walk into another job weeks later all of a sudden.

If he left because he had had enough of failed takeovers, why would he leave on the day a takeover actually goes through and work can be started to improve the situation?

This is why I asked about the compo - even if he was relieved of his duties. Were Q miss-lead about the reasons for his resigning so agreed it on false pretences? It smells badly and personally I can't believe discussions hadn't already taken place / been agreed.  You don't resign out the blue, on the day a takeover goes through,  and a couple of weeks later pack up your bags, relocate 3500 miles away and become manager of an MLS club. Or maybe you do ?‍♂️

24 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Alright then. ?

17 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Go on then, post the evidence to support it. 

BTW - I have to admit I've lost track of what it is you think I am arguing and where I am contradicting myself. I have said one thing, and one thing alone. Rooney didn't leave to take up another job, other managers have. You, and other may think he was talking to other parties at the time but there is no evidence to support that so it remains a 'think' on your behalf. And, while I respect your right to post them, I'll pass on your 'thinks'.

BTW2 - Big, big difference to "I planned to be part of a takeover consortium but it didn't work out so I am off" to Billy on the pitch. Not even close, not even in the same division, not even the same sport, not even the same language, country or universe. Cold business decision that showed this was always a business opportunity to Rooney, it wasn't a pique of rage from a paranoid git dwarf with an ego the size of a Mondeo. You might not like it that he looked on your club as a business opportunity - my point is that you are, frankly, fooling yourself to ever think it was going to anything other than. Soz!

'I'm employed by Derby County, not Chris Kirchner. '

Glad we agree. He stropped off for another job when it wasn't Kirchner.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I think this is a step backwards for him.  He’d have been better getting his badges and biding his time.  By October/November some chairmen, either at the upper end of the Championship or lower end of the Prem, would be getting a bit twitchy and he’d be in the running.  I don’t think he’s thought about the long term with this and he’ll now he “out of sight, out of mind” when jobs in this country become available.  Maybe he has Beckham-type plans in mind to own a club.

15 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think this is a step backwards for him.  He’d have been better getting his badges and biding his time.  By October/November some chairmen, either at the upper end of the Championship or lower end of the Prem, would be getting a bit twitchy and he’d be in the running.  I don’t think he’s thought about the long term with this and he’ll now he “out of sight, out of mind” when jobs in this country become available.  Maybe he has Beckham-type plans in mind to own a club.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought he would do. I am surprised by this development.

1 hour ago, David said:

I’ve been thinking about this, and my initial reaction was to kinda scoff at it too, certainly from the point of view of being a football manager of Derby County. But I think it needs to be considered the role he played for the city the last 12 months when a lot of others in his position and experience would have left. Whilst Rosenior may have been the guy sorting the team stuff, Wayne spoke to, and for, the city on many occasions and was the leader we needed at that time. I think they are wanting to recognise him for his contribution to being some pride into the city and keep peoples spirits up, especially whilst we were in the midst of a pandemic. There’s not many ways for fans or the council, Team Derby etc etc to really express the gratitude they have.

Essentially it’s not his contribution to Derby County it’s about his contribution to Derby/Derbyshire that they are looking to honour.

Re: The MLS, well if he still needs to do badges and training then presumably he can probably be well out of the way of the limelight for a year and concentrate on DC United and any extra work without too many distractions,

Re: Stretford, it became very clear something a bit ‘not right’ was happening with our takeover and something similar might be happening now. I don’t think that should undermine his work for us, but I think one day something about all this will come out and we will see what their plan really was.

9 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

"I want to spend more time with my family"...Wow!, I guess 2 weeks with the Family was too much ?

Colleen said it was the longest time they had spent together on holiday as a family, then the Two of them went on holiday with friends, probably made Rooney realise he doesn't really want to spend more time with Colleen.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

My take is that this is all too quick to have been decided since he resigned from Derby.

In which case, he was probably in talks with DC United behind our backs whilst under contract to us.

That doesn't sit comfortably with me, whatever he did for us last season.

Probably the talks with DC United began after Kirchner pulled out of buying us and things are afoot with his agent and CK to carry on in the US what he was hoping would happen with us.

2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

This is why I asked about the compo - even if he was relieved of his duties. Were Q miss-lead about the reasons for his resigning so agreed it on false pretences? It smells badly and personally I can't believe discussions hadn't already taken place / been agreed.  You don't resign out the blue, on the day a takeover goes through,  and a couple of weeks later pack up your bags, relocate 3500 miles away and become manager of an MLS club. Or maybe you do ?‍♂️

I think Compo is on it's way ?

image.png.9cd6e1c987887cc38477126c248d45b2.png

8 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I think Compo is on it's way ?

image.png.9cd6e1c987887cc38477126c248d45b2.png

We want to hope that Rooney says he paid Junes wages in lieu of paying up his contract otherwise if the FA prove it is Stretford we are going to be in trouble for contravening FA rules.

29 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Colleen said it was the longest time they had spent together on holiday as a family, then the Two of them went on holiday with friends, probably made Rooney realise he doesn't really want to spend more time with Colleen.

WR is world renowned, Staying at home after a couple of holidays twiddling his thumbs would I'd have thought been pretty alien to him, I can't see him doing the Garden in his palatial home as he'd employ a gardener, So what would he do that sparks a little interest.

Miss miss I know, Yes young Alf at the back...get back into football miss, Well done Alf...yes get back into football, It's what he wants, An environment he knows and people he can work with.

The downside is this, If Colleen and the kids stay at home in the UK, I guess we can all guess what the future headlines will be concerning WR and the opposite sex, He aint going to stay faithful now is he...or will he ?‍♀️  

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

WR is world renowned, Staying at home after a couple of holidays twiddling his thumbs would I'd have thought been pretty alien to him, I can't see him doing the Garden in his palatial home as he'd employ a gardener, So what would he do that sparks a little interest.

Miss miss I know, Yes young Alf at the back...get back into football miss, Well done Alf...yes get back into football, It's what he wants, An environment he knows and people he can work with.

The downside is this, If Colleen and the kids stay at home in the UK, I guess we can all guess what the future headlines will be concerning WR and the opposite sex, He aint going to stay faithful now is he...or will he ?‍♀️  

Are you bothered, i'm certainly not. Don't care what happens to Rooney or his family, we don't have any influence on what they do.