David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

On 20/04/2023 at 23:56, 86 Hair Islands said:

Needs to be re-signed ASAP. First name on the team sheet IMO. He could be even sharper next year with a full pre-season under his belt. He's a class apart at this level and one of the most inspired bits of recruitment in years. 

Get another striker in to play alongside him; big, strong, quick and horrible to play against. We'd not be too far off with just that one upgrade, I reckon.

Yes ! The big strong quick man would immediately push opponents deeper as well as giving McG an outlet to use. It would , then give our potential filled midfield (but sometimes underachieving midfield)  another 5 yards more space to exploit their skills. We’d be a different team. We have a lot of skill but we need a a bully with good eyesight to go with it.

13 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

If there’s some  in the way of restrictions being partially lifted I’d do the following.

outs

sibley 

davies 

chester 

collins 

Ins 

all fee paying loans 

extensions 

mcgolderick 

I would not go mad 

RB

CB

LB

W

SK x2 

Your squads quite small. Only 17 players.

GK: Wildsmith

RB: RB

CB: CB, Rooney

CB: Cashin

LB: LB

CM: Knight, Smith, Tommo

CM: Bird, Hourihane

RW: Mendez-Laing 

LW: W, Barkhuizen

CF: McGoldrick, CF, CF

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Could be (probably am) reading to much into this, but Davies, Stearman, Chester etc. profiles have been removed off the website and Mcgoldricks hasn’t been, maybe he’s signed and there just waiting for announcement 

Isn’t he contracted until the end of June ?

78907D6B-D5C3-4D7A-94C5-D36216BAF1C1.gif

Edited by hintonsboots

43 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Could be (probably am) reading to much into this, but Davies, Stearman, Chester etc. profiles have been removed off the website and Mcgoldricks hasn’t been, maybe he’s signed and there just waiting for announcement 

Because they've all been released and mcgoldrick hasn't 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

i guess his salary last year was set by the eFL. And this year it would be ‘tba’. So whether or not Notts county is a stalking horse, there will be some to-ing and fro-ing. 

I'm a bit more in favour of the Burley and Clough way.  This is the offer, let me know in a couple of days, it has an expiration.

17 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Tiny request, but any chance we can have the post title changed to something like "David McGoldrick - negotiating extension"?  I keep seeing the post get bumped with "Signed 1 year deal" in the title and have to click through to find out if it's actually a new deal or not.

I echo this.
I also wonder/hope this is similar to the Craig Forsyth sag last summer, no news for ages, finally signs - has a great season