David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

16 minutes ago, alram said:

this is a real reality check for me how low we are in the food chain that people are even debating whether he would go to notts county over us

the fact is hes our best player and it would be embarrasing to lose him to notts county

Strongly disagree.

He's at the end of his career, he's probably done most of what he wanted to achieve (realistically), and I imagine he's made a fair bit of money whilst doing it.

The opportunity to finish your career at the club you support is something that I think a lot of players would jump at. If anything, it probably speaks volumes about the type of character he is that it's not just about getting the biggest paycheck, or who's in the highest league.

Edited by Scott129

1 minute ago, David said:

He says otherwise.

“I’m a Nottingham boy so I know the history and I know the rivalry they have with Nottingham Forest, but Derby County is a great club. I’m a Notts County fan myself but I know all about how much this is a big club and have watched many over the years such as Paulo Wanchope and Fabrizio Ravanelli and I know about all the great strikers that have been here already.”

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-mcgoldrick-derby-county-7299878

hardly going to say hes a forest fan just as hes signed for derby is he

i dont care that he is a forest fan, makes no difference to me but he is one 

2 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Strongly disagree.

He's at the end of his career, he's probably done most of what he wanted to achieve (realistically), and I imagine he's made a fair bit of money whilst doing it.

To finish your career at the club you support is something that I think a lot of players would jump at. If anything, it probably speaks volumes about the type of character he is that it's not just about getting the biggest paycheck, or who's in the highest league.

hes playing for the nearest team to his house and he will want to play at the highest level possible, it would be embarrasing to lose our best player to a team in the division below, i dont particularly care about the circumstances

2 minutes ago, alram said:

hardly going to say hes a forest fan just as hes signed for derby is he

i dont care that he is a forest fan, makes no difference to me but he is one 

Hardly going to say he’s a Notts County fan when he’s a Forest fan either, I mean no offence to your grandkids, I just think they have this one wrong and I choose to believe the man himself.

5 minutes ago, alram said:

hes playing for the nearest team to his house and he will want to play at the highest level possible, it would be embarrasing to lose our best player to a team in the division below, i dont particularly care about the circumstances

He turned down Championship offers to sign with us. So it's clearly not all about playing at the highest level.

Just now, David said:

Hardly going to say he’s a Notts County fan when he’s a Forest fan either, I mean no offence to your grandkids, I just think they have this one wrong and I choose to believe the man himself.

oh come on if he came in and said he was a forest fan and then underperformed everyone would just call him blind

you can think i have it wrong all you want, i know hes a forest fan you can believe what you want to believe

5 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

He turned down Championship offers to sign with us. So it's clearly not all about playing at the highest level.

Hold up, didn't he say just a few weeks ago that he was close to hanging up his boots because he had no offers until we turned up?

tbh I did think his Notts County comment was a ruse at first, in the way alram claims, but don't really see any real reason to doubt him

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

maybe but he is already living locally, its not like he would sign for them so he could be closer to home

2 minutes ago, alram said:

oh come on if he came in and said he was a forest fan and then underperformed everyone would just call him blind

you can think i have it wrong all you want, i know hes a forest fan you can believe what you want to believe

Oh come on what, have a word with yourself here, he didn’t have to say he was a fan of anyone, do you not see that? 

We’ve signed players from Forest before and it’s never been discussed or been an issue, Kris Commons for example. 

You choose to believe what you want, Santa Clause is real, tooth fairy’s exist and McGoldrick is a Forest fan if it helps you sleep better at night, the rest of us will believe what the man himself says that he’s a Notts County fan.

5 minutes ago, alram said:

So essentially you’re calling him a liar? He went to watch them at the play off final the other week, that’s an odd level to go to in order to maintain a ruse.

It’s entirely possible that his children are Forest fans even though he’s a Notts County fan. They will have potentially been born when their dad was playing for Forest, and grown up during a period where they have been the bigger and more successful of the Nottingham sides, therefore it’s logical that they would support Forest even if dad does not. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Oh come on what, have a word with yourself here, he didn’t have to say he was a fan of anyone, do you not see that? 

We’ve signed players from Forest before and it’s never been discussed or been an issue, Kris Commons for example. 

You choose to believe what you want, Santa Clause is real, tooth fairy’s exist and McGoldrick is a Forest fan if it helps you sleep better at night, the rest of us will believe what the man himself says that he’s a Notts County fan.

good for you, as i just said believe what you want to believe

this is exactly why he probably clarified he wasnt a forest fan because people will get overly emotional about it

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

To be fair, going to a play-off final to support a club you don’t actually support just to maintain a façade that nobody would really care that much about either way is real dedication.

Gary Neville is a Man City fan having to do the same my nephew told me. 

50 minutes ago, alram said:

hes a forest fan, my grandkids go to the same school as his kids and they are all forest supporters

Can you ask your grandkids which team I support? I’ve spent my life thinking I’m a Derby County fan, but if it turns out I’m actually an Ipswich Town fan I’d like to join a different forum sooner rather than later.

36 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Hold up, didn't he say just a few weeks ago that he was close to hanging up his boots because he had no offers until we turned up?

tbh I did think his Notts County comment was a ruse at first, in the way alram claims, but don't really see any real reason to doubt him

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/david-mcgoldrick-derby-county-transfer-7300264.amp

I know the comment that you're talking about though - I interpreted that to mean there were no offers that suited him (wanting to be close to home, etc.)

Before I tell you my snippet of info, I have no idea if he’ll re-sign or not, no idea if he’s literally just moving house etc. but my friend works for a removals company and has this week moved Didzys furniture “up north” 

Most likely means absolutely nothing, but he’s moving out of the Derby /Notts  area non the less 

9 hours ago, alram said:

hes a forest fan, my grandkids go to the same school as his kids and they are all forest supporters

He 100% isnt a forest fan, Didzy is a massive Notts County fan.

A close friend of mine is also a close friend of Didzys.

Edited by rams_man