David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

I’m pretty relaxed over it all, end of the day, he’s not a player we should be relying on to play week in week out going into next season. We was extremely lucky to get what we got out of him last season, you can’t expect that again out of his legs.

Of course I would love him to stay, play a role, however I wouldn’t be devastated if he chose to end his career at the club he supports and where it all started, that’s something which money can’t buy. 

In the same position, I’d probably join Notts County if I was him.

3 hours ago, David said:

I’m pretty relaxed over it all, end of the day, he’s not a player we should be relying on to play week in week out going into next season. We was extremely lucky to get what we got out of him last season, you can’t expect that again out of his legs.

Of course I would love him to stay, play a role, however I wouldn’t be devastated if he chose to end his career at the club he supports and where it all started, that’s something which money can’t buy. 

Couldn’t agree more!!

this is a real reality check for me how low we are in the food chain that people are even debating whether he would go to notts county over us

the fact is hes our best player and it would be embarrasing to lose him to notts county

Edited by alram

22 hours ago, David said:

hes a forest fan, my grandkids go to the same school as his kids and they are all forest supporters

4 minutes ago, alram said:

hes a forest fan, my grandkids go to the same school as his kids and they are all forest supporters

If you’re talking about David McGoldrick you’re mistaken, he is a Notts County fan. 
It isn’t embarrassing if he chooses to join the club he supports for romantic/nostalgic reasons, we can’t force the bloke to play for us if he wants to go and play for his own club before hanging up his boots.

6 minutes ago, alram said:

He says otherwise.

“I’m a Nottingham boy so I know the history and I know the rivalry they have with Nottingham Forest, but Derby County is a great club. I’m a Notts County fan myself but I know all about how much this is a big club and have watched many over the years such as Paulo Wanchope and Fabrizio Ravanelli and I know about all the great strikers that have been here already.”

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-mcgoldrick-derby-county-7299878