David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

59 minutes ago, Crewton said:

From what I hear, being near his kids is the main reason, which is our good fortune. 

Watched the post game interview with him and he seems such a down to earth type of fella, so this kinda makes sense. No hint of Billy Big Bolarks, just a man at in the twighlight of his career playing some wonderful football and enjoying every minute. By and large, our more recent acquisitions have been really good. Dobbin has got some stick from fans but even the young guns seem to be trying their hearts out too. Odd thing to say, maybe, but I've really enjoyed the last season and a half. More unity than I can remember since 2013/14 and I still really think we can mount a charge in the second half of the season.

Listening to BBC Humberside recently, they've been making a case for Rosenior to come in and pinch our better players. Their presenters and fans are very keen to "gamble" on the likes of Knight, Cashin and Bird - one caller said to throw £1m our way as League One players are only worth £100k so we should be very grateful for the extra in our time of need. Many want McGoldrick as they reckon we outdid ourselves in the summer and can't afford any of the wages so need to give everyone away before going bust. Hence why we gave Rosenior away as we couldn't afford him permanently. That's the rhetoric they're believing anyway! ?

47 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Listening to BBC Humberside recently, they've been making a case for Rosenior to come in and pinch our better players. Their presenters and fans are very keen to "gamble" on the likes of Knight, Cashin and Bird - one caller said to throw £1m our way as League One players are only worth £100k so we should be very grateful for the extra in our time of need. Many want McGoldrick as they reckon we outdid ourselves in the summer and can't afford any of the wages so need to give everyone away before going bust. Hence why we gave Rosenior away as we couldn't afford him permanently. That's the rhetoric they're believing anyway! ?

We will be swopping divisions with them at the end of the season. I really don't think we need fear being preyed on by any championship club to be honest, certainly not one like them

2 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Let them keep believing their little fantasy. It’s funnier that way!

7 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Small town near Scunthorpe , you`re just a........ , DMG Rams Legend

7 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

You'd have to be desperate.

10 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Watched the post game interview with him and he seems such a down to earth type of fella, so this kinda makes sense. No hint of Billy Big Bolarks, just a man at in the twighlight of his career playing some wonderful football and enjoying every minute. By and large, our more recent acquisitions have been really good. Dobbin has got some stick from fans but even the young guns seem to be trying their hearts out too. Odd thing to say, maybe, but I've really enjoyed the last season and a half. More unity than I can remember since 2013/14 and I still really think we can mount a charge in the second half of the season.

My feeling exactly. This season doesn’t quite have the us against the world feel but the aura coming off the pitch from old stagers playing with young warriors and those trying to build a reputation is heart warming. It feels good, even on the off days I honestly feel we are as close to a real band of brothers as we could hope to be. 

McGoldrick is a player that used to annoy me endlessly when he played elsewhere. No powerful superstar but always there making a nuisance, destabilising the opposition and his beard made him look like an extra in an American low rent movie about ISIS infiltrators. Needless to say I think it’s a sartorial  masterpiece these days .. obviously ??. Can he get 3 hat tricks in a season, and has anyone done that before ? 

• 3 months later...
On 20/12/2022 at 11:04, Ram@Lincoln said:

Tell them to jock on

25m for lot or get lost.

Needs to be re-signed ASAP. First name on the team sheet IMO. He could be even sharper next year with a full pre-season under his belt. He's a class apart at this level and one of the most inspired bits of recruitment in years. 

Get another striker in to play alongside him; big, strong, quick and horrible to play against. We'd not be too far off with just that one upgrade, I reckon.