David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

4 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

I see Clarke Harris has been transfer listed with a year left in his contract at Posh...seems a strange one..

Not really - he won't sign a new deal and they will want some value (no possibility of tribunal like we have with Knight). He's just won the golden boot, so his value is going to be at its highest. 

£1.5m (with add-ons) would be my guess. A Stoke or Sunderland, no doubt. 

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Not really - he won't sign a new deal and they will want some value (no possibility of tribunal like we have with Knight). He's just won the golden boot, so his value is going to be at its highest. 

£1.5m (with add-ons) would be my guess. A Stoke or Sunderland, no doubt. 

Exactly - plus he's just had the best season of his career and will be thinking that if he'll never have a better chance to play at a higher level than now - he'll be pushing for a move and Posh will be keen to cash in...

1 hour ago, Terry Hennessy said:

I see Clarke Harris has been transfer listed with a year left in his contract at Posh...seems a strange one..

Mate of mine is a Posh fan, and says he's basically a flat track bully. Says he's fantastic for league one, but was useless in the Champ and is not too down on the idea of him going, and that was before they lost to Wednesday.

If imagine he's out of our price range and a Championship team will be in for him, but if we're finding Project: Promotion, him and Didzy would be disgustingly good together.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not sure Notts County link has anything to it. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it for a few reasons: 

1) County have put some effort in to developing younger players, i.e. Rodrigues, Langstaff, Scott, etc. They do have a couple of players over 30, but I feel like McGoldrick doesn't fit their current recruitment model. Obviously, McGoldrick IS McGoldrick which leads me to my next point. 

2) David McGoldrick at Derby County can probably earn somewhere in the region of £500k next season. Notts County's highest earner is probably sat somewhere around the £200k mark. They may pay him more, but ultimately he's going to be taking roughly 50% wage cut to join a newly promoted team to League 2. 

3) McGoldrick supports Notts County as a club, sure, but the club and the people within the club are two very different entities. In reality, who a player supports, has very little bearing on any decision on their future. How well would he get on with the players, managers, etc. 

To me, it seems very unlikely that he would turndown £10k a week (roughly) here after arguably his best season in professional football for 4-5k a week at Notts County. Again, I could be wrong but I think it's a bit of a fantasist suggestion that's grew legs. 

Your points are good, but he has had meetings with Notts and I know this is 100% true. But as Big Trav has said not agreement with any team yet.

25 minutes ago, rams_man said:

Your points are good, but he has had meetings with Notts and I know this is 100% true. But as Big Trav has said not agreement with any team yet.

It's posted on this link that DM hasn't an Agent, Did Notts County contact you?

38 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well he was out running in Bramcote/Chilwell this morning, my missus couldn’t keep up with him to ask him. She would’ve done. I’m off work this week so will be on the lookout to see if i can have a chat with him!! 🤣

I’m very disappointed, you should have told her run faster. What sort of ITK is this ! Tsk tsk. It’s like the dog ate my home work. 

41 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well he was out running in Bramcote/Chilwell this morning, my missus couldn’t keep up with him to ask him. She would’ve done. I’m off work this week so will be on the lookout to see if i can have a chat with him!! 🤣

This squashes that fake itk twitter account claiming hes on holiday

15 hours ago, jono said:

I’m very disappointed, you should have told her run faster. What sort of ITK is this ! Tsk tsk. It’s like the dog ate my home work. 

Yes I’m rubbish. He was in Chilwell retail park just now but didn’t bump into him to ask him.  Gutted, but short of standing by his car and waiting couldn’t really do anything else and I’d probably be arrested for that 🤣. He was with i can only presume his missus so wouldn’t have been right to hassle him!! But he is 100% in Nottingham right now and not abroad. 

On 26/05/2023 at 17:16, NorwichExile said:

Mate of mine is a Posh fan, and says he's basically a flat track bully. Says he's fantastic for league one, but was useless in the Champ and is not too down on the idea of him going, and that was before they lost to Wednesday.

If imagine he's out of our price range and a Championship team will be in for him, but if we're finding Project: Promotion, him and Didzy would be disgustingly good together.

I reckon we sign him, he gets 30 goals to get us out of Tumbleweed Town.  Then we put on him back on the Tumbleweed Express back to someone else who wants to escape and use it to get someone better.   A year left. 1.5 mill should do it.  We'll need to flog someone to do it though.

24 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yes I’m rubbish. He was in Chilwell retail park just now but didn’t bump into him to ask him.  Gutted, but short of standing by his car and waiting couldn’t really do anything else and I’d probably be arrested for that 🤣. He was with i can only presume his missus so wouldn’t have been right to hassle him!! But he is 100% in Nottingham right now and not abroad. 

You've really let us all down here buddy. I suggest you go home and spend the rest of the weekend contemplating your actions or lack of.

Only come back on here when you are ready to give us all a full blown apology. A season ticket for each of us should suffice. 

35 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

You could have left a pleading note on his car? If you get arrested for stalking we're all there for you

5 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

A fan after my own heart. That's just how I'd be!

On 28/05/2023 at 11:48, Steve How Hard? said:

You've really let us all down here buddy. I suggest you go home and spend the rest of the weekend contemplating your actions or lack of.

Only come back on here when you are ready to give us all a full blown apology. A season ticket for each of us should suffice. 

I’ve fled to Cardiff for a few days. Just can’t walk around with the shame. 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

You know he could have finished his holiday and come home LOL.

That's highly likely. Bird and Tommo have been and returned from one holiday and are now on other separate ones. Footballers have to cram in all their relaxation into a very short time-frame. 

Must be hard for the family guys who have to fit it around school etc. One of Didzy's daughters is doing GCSEs this year.