David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

32 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Someone close (very) to players who are close to McGoldrick (so friend of friend of friend)....told me today that McGoldrick is off. But the surprising thing for me was that we couldn't offer what he was after financially.

If that's the case and I have no reason to doubt the source, I'd say he won't be re-signing for us and certainly won't be signing for Notts County.

Perhaps he wants 2 years more £ which others have mentioned rather than higher wage and we will only offer 1. Who knows

13 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

That’s rubbish, Neil Warnock’s hairdresser doesn’t have a dog.

Yes I did query that but have it on good authority from Richard Goulooze's cobbler that the dog walker walks the hairdresser's pet ferret. Sounds plausible as it is Yorkshire 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Yes I did query that but have it on good authority from Richard Goulooze's cobbler that the dog walker walks the hairdresser's pet ferret. Sounds plausible as it is Yorkshire 🤷‍♂️

Best stick with people in the know like Nixon☺️

I could understand him going to Notts, it's a blow but he's earned it and he deserves to end his career at his hometown team.

But if it's moving on to a Championship team after we essentially saved his career (he said himself that he was set to retire until he got the call) then that's a real kick in the nuts.

Honestly reckon he's stirring up interest because he wants 2 years and we're only willing to offer one, but you'd hope he feels we've earned another shot. I'd give him the keys to the stadium if he wanted.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Perhaps he wants 2 years more £ which others have mentioned rather than higher wage and we will only offer 1. Who knows

Maybe and that makes the most sense, just it was specifically stated that we couldn't offer the wage he was after...which makes me wonder if someone like Rosenior wants him.

The person who told me would potentially know more about the situation than someone like Alan Nixon, as they are currently sat with a fair few of McGoldricks ex team mates (and current friends).

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe and that makes the most sense, just it was specifically stated that we couldn't offer the wage he was after...which makes me wonder if someone like Rosenior wants him.

The person who told me would potentially know more about the situation than someone like Alan Nixon, as they are currently sat with a fair few of McGoldricks ex team mates (and current friends).

I wouldn't necessarily write off Notts County, I would imagine that sentiments would mean that he would accept a lower figure off them, compared with a team like Derby with whom he has little or no emotional connection. In his position, I would expect Derby to make me the highest paid player in the club, after last season's contribution. In Derby's position, I would be hoping to attract someone younger, with a view to the future, with those kind of demands. It's easy to see why an agreement is unlikely.

The bit I’m struggling to get my head around is that notts county I’d think will still be delighted to sign mcgoldrick next summer?

take the one year bigger money deal with us, another year in league one. Then next year move to boyhood team 

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

The bit I’m struggling to get my head around is that notts county I’d think will still be delighted to sign mcgoldrick next summer?

take the one year bigger money deal with us, another year in league one. Then next year move to boyhood team 

That is what I would Hope for.

Thing is, McGoldrick was flipping good in this division, imagine how good he would be in league 2. His signing would entice potential free transfers to choose Notts County.

McG could potentially end hia career seeing Notts County return to league 1.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That is what I would Hope for.

Thing is, McGoldrick was flipping good in this division, imagine how good he would be in league 2. His signing would entice potential free transfers to choose Notts County.

McG could potentially end hia career seeing Notts County return to league 1.

Plus, if he waited a year, Notts might get relegated.