David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

6 minutes ago, alram said:

no im not

again people putting words in my mouth

Here's the words I apparently put in your mouth...

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You're criticising the club for not signing players outside of the window and for not 'fighting' to secure their signatures 

Here's the quote I was referring to...

5 hours ago, alram said:

to let him go without a fight is massive mistake in my opinion

No need to respond. I'll not be seeing your posts moving forwards. 

8 hours ago, alram said:

you are right on the face of it

my concern comes from

a) we were completely reliant on him to score the bulk of our goals

b) our lack of freedom in the transfer market to actually replace him adequately

I bet you're fun at parties !! Jeeez.... chill out ...!

We have massive reasons to be optimistic, I thought Didzy was brilliant last season but I'd like to think we are not relying on just one player to score the bulk of our goals next season.

FWIW I actually think that if he stays Mcgoldrick might not get the game time he did last season if our recruitment is good

We have a caring owner who I think I'm right in saying the fans trust, more freedom in the market and also a weaker looking division next season 

It's an exciting time to be a Rams fan, I can't understand why you keep seeing the negatives when there are plenty of positives.

Did you think when we only had about 5 players on the books at one point last summer that this was the end and we could only field a 5 a side team ? ....We are supposedly in a better place financially this summer and able to have more freedom regarding recruitment, of course we are going to sign players.

Warne has already said the process has already started so chill out mate...nothing to worry about Mr Glass Half Empty 

It's all well and good pointing out tha.we shouldn't rely solely on him, he may not play as many minutes or match his scoring output, but the way some are talking it's like if he doesn't do either of those things it's not even worth him being here.

His loss wouldn't be negligible, even if some seem to be trying to convince themselves otherwise.

If he goes he takes more than his goals, and we'd need to both replace all he offers AND add more on top, but as yet there's still nobody we've been linked with, and no names put forward as suggestions who'd really solve either issue.

Silly season has started and credible sources don't normally become until they've signed

Been told today we are in advanced talks to sign Joe ward from Peterborough from a bloke at work who knows him, between us and charlton but again, no credibility as yet so could start a twitter rumour like most on that 🤪

Again, silly season is upon us 

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

Yep, The same as you've convinced yourself that McGoldrick is a Forest fan...you started it 😁

You might want to check your facts before accusing such a thing….

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

You might want to check your facts before accusing such a thing….

On 03/06/2023 at 10:51, alram said:

hes a forest fan, my grandkids go to the same school as his kids and they are all forest supporters

38 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Top player 

Great season

Highly unlikely he'll repeat this season in 23/24

Expect higher tempo so more incomings with legs

Wish him well if he goes as he was a joy to watch

Proved us all wrong......

Why is it highly unlikely, is that your way of coping with the potential loss 🤣

Loved watching didzy this year and it’s clear his finishing is a level above most players in this division, that said he is 36 and we have to be realistic, he may want to finish his career at the club he loves a division below , it may take a stupid offer to get him to stay for one more season ,ie a two year contract or silly money , he may be being offered a route into coaching at notts county after a two year playing contract , personally I trust warne and clowes to do what’s right for Derby financially at this point ,

if he goes I wish him all the best and will always have fond memories of his year with us , who’s to say that if he stays he doesn’t have the form or luck with injuries he s had this year and things go a bit sour 🤷🏻‍♂️, we have made too many silly decisions during the Morris years regards players contracts that have been very costly, let’s not go down that road again

35 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It's all well and good pointing out tha.we shouldn't rely solely on him, he may not play as many minutes or match his scoring output, but the way some are talking it's like if he doesn't do either of those things it's not even worth him being here.

His loss wouldn't be negligible, even if some seem to be trying to convince themselves otherwise.

If he goes he takes more than his goals, and we'd need to both replace all he offers AND add more on top, but as yet there's still nobody we've been linked with, and no names put forward as suggestions who'd really solve either issue.

I agree replacing his goals and more is important. The bit I don’t agree with are the members of our fan base who are adamant he is leaving when there’s been no credible source to support that notion and the idea that we’re completely screwed if he does go. 
No one knows if he’s staying or going as yet. No one knows the calibre of players we’ll sign to replace him or to play alongside him. We do have time, have allegedly been planning our recruitment and proactively pursuing players for a while, and there is a budget of sorts from what information is out there in the public domain. So whilst it could be a blow if he leaves, and it could be great if he stays, it seems sensible in my view to wait and see how it unfolds before proclaiming the end of days as some are on social media and others are leaning towards on here. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

I think a lot of people are overly concerned with his goals leaving, when it could come as a blessing in disguise, we were over dependant on McGoldrick imo, look at Sheffield Wednesday who’s top scorer was Smith with only 17 goals and Plymouth who’s top scorer only got 13 goals, if Didzy leaving could help us become more threatening across the pitch and help us have 5/6 players hitting in and around 10 goals I’d much more prefer that. It would also make us harder to play against as some times towards the end of last season, if Didzy didn’t show up we may aswell not have played.

22 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I agree replacing his goals and more is important. The bit I don’t agree with are the members of our fan base who are adamant he is leaving when there’s been no credible source to support that notion and the idea that we’re completely screwed if he does go. 
No one knows if he’s staying or going as yet. No one knows the calibre of players we’ll sign to replace him or to play alongside him. We do have time, have allegedly been planning our recruitment and proactively pursuing players for a while, and there is a budget of sorts from what information is out there in the public domain. So whilst it could be a blow if he leaves, and it could be great if he stays, it seems sensible in my view to wait and see how it unfolds before proclaiming the end of days as some are on social media and others are leaning towards on here. 

I'm certainly not wrist slashing at the idea, especially when there are eighty seven days to sign players , I just think some are jumping the gun on both sides.

It would appear that you're seeing more people saying it would be the end of days and I'm seeing more people with a laissez-faire attitude bordering on carelessness - I'm only reading responses to it on here because I don't really do Twitter, so maybe that's why.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Sounds like b******* but I had it on extremely good authority he was going to be offered, or had already been offered, a contact by Notts County about two weeks ago.

The contract by Notts is two-year with a clause that will make him a "Youth Ambassador" after he retires with the club, giving him pathway into youth coaching which is what he intends to do once retiring, especially with Notts as it's boyhood club.

The contract by Derby is for just the one year. 

He is going to accept the one year contract with Derby, before moving to Notts County to retire (assuming they offer him a contract after this year with Derby, which they will). 

This is as good as coming from the horse's mouth - if it turns out to not be true then go ahead an ban my account. 

3 minutes ago, DerbyPride12 said:

Sounds like b******* but I had it on extremely good authority he was going to be offered, or had already been offered, a contact by Notts County about two weeks ago.

The contract by Notts is two-year with a clause that will make him a "Youth Ambassador" after he retires with the club, giving him pathway into youth coaching which is what he intends to do once retiring, especially with Notts as it's boyhood club.

The contract by Derby is for just the one year. 

He is going to accept the one year contract with Derby, before moving to Notts County to retire (assuming they offer him a contract after this year with Derby, which they will). 

This is as good as coming from the horse's mouth - if it turns out to not be true then go ahead a ban my account. 

I’ll believe this one because it fits my narrative. 

Crazy to say but there is no player i have enjoyed watching more then mcgoldrick in a derby shirt in my lifetime.    Yes hes another year older next year but that doesnt automatically mean hes definitely going to be worse.

To hit the heights of last year will be tough at any age but it will be a huge loss if he doesnt sign. Hopefully we have a contigency plan for that scenario! Autos should be the aim so we need goalscorers.

26 minutes ago, DerbyPride12 said:

This bit is true, he isnt driven by the money but by what he can do in the future. I have also heard this part from someone that would know.