New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Beat me too it ?.

So 2 are very close but then we also have to be patient and wait.

Doesn't make sense.

May mean very close to being agreed but need patience in terms of them arriving as their club wants to hold onto them another week until the season starts

It’s funny this. In times gone by, some gossip and press reports with “sources” followed by a dry announcement from the club welcoming a new player. Now we get all these teasers. I want to moan and say grow up, this isn’t a game show, just tell us FFS. ! but in a weird way it’s almost amusing. 

43 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s funny this. In times gone by, some gossip and press reports with “sources” followed by a dry announcement from the club welcoming a new player. Now we get all these teasers. I want to moan and say grow up, this isn’t a game show, just tell us FFS. ! but in a weird way it’s almost amusing. 

It’s all about social media these days. They put out teasers etc so we all go to the Twitter/Facebook/Insta pages looking for info which increases the amount of views. The more views the more revenue from the ads on said formats. Or I may be completely wrong ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

It’s all about social media these days. They put out teasers etc so we all go to the Twitter/Facebook/Insta pages looking for info which increases the amount of views. The more views the more revenue from the ads on said formats. Or I may be completely wrong ?‍♂️

‘Big news coming up shortly’

Just drives traffic around the site of people madly refreshing the page to get said big news.

It’s just another trick to drive up interest and revenue.

6 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

More views on socials means more eyeballs on our sponsors. More eyes on our sponsors, the more valuable our sponsorship deals

The only missing piece...we need an actual sponsor 

Anyone know how much it costs/team makes from a shirt sponsor? Do they pay one off fees or constant stream of cash throughout the season? 

10 hours ago, YouRams said:

Anyone know how much it costs/team makes from a shirt sponsor? Do they pay one off fees or constant stream of cash throughout the season? 

I'm no @The Baronbut my impression is its paid in before the season (a 2 year deal would be 2 payments etc) in time to spend on players normally, but not 100% on that. 

Apparently if you're happy with a gambline sponsor, even "lower" prem teams are looking like £5-6million, so we won't be looking at much really. If you don't want a gambling sponsor, again a "lower" prem team would be looking not much over £1million, so we'd do very well to get half of that if we don't want gambling companies 

8 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I’m told to expect some loans from Villa. Also told sibbo can find a new home to bring someone else in on loan 

The Villa bit makes sense as we have a couple of recent arrivals from that direction and they are the biggest local premiership club with plenty of players who never get a first team game - sibbo can stay thanks and start producing the goods.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

The Villa bit makes sense as we have a couple of recent arrivals from that direction and they are the biggest local premiership club with plenty of players who never get a first team game - sibbo can stay thanks and start producing the goods.

Maybe Kellyman, he's one of their strikers? ?

Edited by RoyMac5

On 15/07/2022 at 10:03, Big Trav said:

Sibbo won’t leave. Rosenior and Rooney both said he’s part of their plans. He’d only leave if there’s a massive bid come in for him and we’re talking 8m+ in total

43 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I’m told to expect some loans from Villa. Also told sibbo can find a new home to bring someone else in on loan 

Confused High Quality GIF

Sibley has not produced much in last couple of seasons and when i've watched him in 23's he didn't stand out for me

If we could get a fee I'd take it ...he's certainly not worth the 8m someone said on this forum doubt we'd get a million 

He may well do better in league1 I hope he does if he stays but his discipline leaves a lot to be desired and I'd let him leave if it meant bringing a couple of decent loans in