New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

CDM I'd agree ideally we'd have extra cover, but personally I'd probably be looking for someone who offeres somthing else too to justify the extra numbers. Whether they're between the U21s and seniors, whether it versitility (like Smith) or whether they're good to have around the club (like Stearman) 

1 hour ago, roboto said:

What happened with the Diallo link? Played a friendly, appeared to be added to the squad on official site, then disappeared and nothing heard of him since.

Dunno, seems he didn't impress or someone else impressed more. Or he had committed to other trials before making his mind up. I could have stopped at dunno, but not very polite is it? Didn't realise he made it to official site, weird.

Ah here we are again! Been told that Dobbin and Joseph are “pretty much done”. Kevin McDonald being brought into the club to play a similar role to Stearman and McDonald will be mentoring Bird and Robinson and this season will aim for Darren Robinson to be a first teamer. Told Knight won’t leave unless a big bid comes in. Knight doesn’t want to leave but cannot be playing in league 1 for ages. Not 100% confirmed this but apparently there’s a gentleman’s agreement with Knight saying that if we’re not up there in the league he will be allowed to leave. Rosenior is pushing hard for Knight and Bird on new deals too. 

33 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Ah here we are again! Been told that Dobbin and Joseph are “pretty much done”. Kevin McDonald being brought into the club to play a similar role to Stearman and McDonald will be mentoring Bird and Robinson and this season will aim for Darren Robinson to be a first teamer. Told Knight won’t leave unless a big bid comes in. Knight doesn’t want to leave but cannot be playing in league 1 for ages. Not 100% confirmed this but apparently there’s a gentleman’s agreement with Knight saying that if we’re not up there in the league he will be allowed to leave. Rosenior is pushing hard for Knight and Bird on new deals too. 

I don't know if it's ITK or not but love it, love it, love it! ?

45 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Is Joseph that Swansea youth on the permanent deal? Then Dobbin the young Everton lad on load? Sounds good stuff to me.

21 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Are Joseph and Dobbin both forwards? So Colins, McGoldrick, Dobbin, Joseph, Stretton

Unless we're using Joseph as a right wing back (apparently has been known) then I'd only be going for one 

Dobbins is a wide player first and foremost, McGoldrick isn’t really a number 9 like Collins either. So the ones you’ve listed aren’t like for like swaps. 

35 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Are Joseph and Dobbin both forwards? So Colins, McGoldrick, Dobbin, Joseph, Stretton

Unless we're using Joseph as a right wing back (apparently has been known) then I'd only be going for one 

If we are going 4-2-3-1 this season then we’d have the four advanced positions. If you add Sibley, NML and Barkhuizen to the 5 you’ve mentioned then that’s 8 players to cover four positions, or 2 per position on average which is about right. We’ll have a couple more who can fill in from the U23s if needed too, such as George Nunn.

Don’t forget there’s 5 subs permitted per match now, so there’s more scope to give more players more game time. Having more options to change things mid-game when things aren’t going our way definitely isn’t a bad thing.

Didn't know where to leave this but just wanted to make a general observation as I catch up with the various threads. 

Isn't it flipping great to be talking about football again!  Clowes' brilliant interview, our first win in the league, replaying Hourihane's winner 20 times, discussing who's best suited for what position, what players are still to come in and do we want / need them.  It's been too long coming. 

Dunno about everyone else, I'm loving everything I'm seeing and hearing.  Well, apart from @Turk Thrust's joke in the New Joke Thread earlier.  A proper "taxi" moment. 

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Didn't know where to leave this but just wanted to make a general observation as I catch up with the various threads. 

Isn't it flipping great to be talking about football again!  Clowes' brilliant interview, our first win in the league, replaying Hourihane's winner 20 times, discussing who's best suited for what position, what players are still to come in and do we want / need them.  It's been too long coming. 

Dunno about everyone else, I'm loving everything I'm seeing and hearing.  Well, apart from @Turk Thrust's joke in the New Joke Thread earlier.  A proper "taxi" moment. 

Yep, it's positively uplifting when I remember the stress of not knowing where the next hammer blow was coming from. It must be fantastic for the staff too. 

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

If we are going 4-2-3-1 this season then we’d have the four advanced positions. If you add Sibley, NML and Barkhuizen to the 5 you’ve mentioned then that’s 8 players to cover four positions, or 2 per position on average which is about right. We’ll have a couple more who can fill in from the U23s if needed too, such as George Nunn.

Don’t forget there’s 5 subs permitted per match now, so there’s more scope to give more players more game time. Having more options to change things mid-game when things aren’t going our way definitely isn’t a bad thing.

None of those names are a back up a or challenger for Collins. If he gets injured or out of form then we have nothing else and would end up playing the dreadful false 9 again (which in old money is we haven’t got a centre forward so have to play someone who can kind of do that job but not really) 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

None of those names are a back up a or challenger for Collins. If he gets injured or out of form then we have nothing else and would end up playing the dreadful false 9 again (which in old money is we haven’t got a centre forward so have to play someone who can kind of do that job but not really) 

What happens if Collins continues his form from last season, 3 goals in 23 games?