New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why on earth would you sell Bird to replace him with McDonald?! Who are the bids from, Coventry...

As for the other 'signings' well yes that is where we are weakest, so not really a revelation - names please.

No names as of yet. I wouldn’t expect any loan signings soon though as the best loans stick around and get let off later into the window. I get the vibe that McDonald is training with us for fitness reasons after his injury but is also on standby as soon as someone leaves. There was lots of interest in bird and knight but has died down massively the past 2 weeks 

Just now, IslandExile said:

I think you have to patient for loans from Premier League clubs.......they tend to hang on to their players until the end of the window to see what they have unless those players have been earmarked for definite loans.

Agreed, they have a period very early on where lots of loans go through (which were in the offing months before, planned well in advance to maximise development) then a period after pre-season when the players the wanted to keep around for pre-season to have a look at then get sent out

Ironically Forest have an excellent example of this with James Garner, they want him on loan again and are waiting for him, but Ten Hag made it clear he wanted to watch him in pre-season before he agreed to anything 

I'm getting a nasty feeling here that because we haven't signed 4 Internationals that if all goes tits up on Saturday...the knives will be out.

3 weeks ago we had nowt, Today we have a squad that looks capable of performing to a good standard, LR is waiting for the right players, Whether they are really close or so close he's sleeping with them we don't know.

3 defeats in the last 3 friendlies means very little IMO, Players are getting game time, Others are taking it easy and waiting for Saturday.

I just hope that the knives stay where they belong...in the block.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why on earth would you sell Bird to replace him with McDonald?!

Not advocating doing it or anything, but the reason you would do it is you think Liam Thompson is the natural replacement, but he isn't quite ready to play a full season yet.  So you get an old guy in for one year to cover, a year later he retires and Thompson steps up.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

I think you have to patient for loans from Premier League clubs.......they tend to hang on to their players until the end of the window to see what they have unless those players have been earmarked for definite loans.

It doesn’t help that they changed how many substitutes you can have in the premiership again to five because a lot of potential loans will simply sit on a premiership bench as they won’t be allowed out on loan 

On 25/07/2022 at 15:31, Oldben said:

I think when it comes to Roofe, its time to make a sacrifice.

Rangers can have Knight, but we get Roofe in exchange.

We need goals more than we need a player of knights undoubted talents.

I think i am correct in thinking that the efl rules have stopped us paying for any players, but exchanging players for players isnt covered by that rule.

Think Knight’s the midfielder I’d least want to let go of, need legs in midfield desperately.