New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think it’ll be Striker, Winger and Full back as the main priorities. Not sure we need a defensive midfielder, especially if your option is McDonald. We have Bird, Hourihane, Smith, Thompson and Knight who could all do it.  

Agree with this, another cm should be very last option. 

right back is number one priority, we probably need another keeper. Striker and winger needed for depth. Not got much from the bench have we.

4 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Agree with this, another cm should be very last option. 

right back is number one priority, we probably need another keeper. Striker and winger needed for depth. Not got much from the bench have we.

Very good on one side with Laing for periods .  Anonymous on the other. 

So Sean Robertson offered a contract with both parties really keen. Apparently a young winger/fullback from Villa coming on loan. Wouldn’t surprise me to see 3 loans. We’re still on the hunt for ‘experienced’ RB and GK. Jamal Blackman was an option but now since signed for Exeter. If I hear stuff I’ll put it on here ? 

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

So Sean Robertson offered a contract with both parties really keen. Apparently a young winger/fullback from Villa coming on loan. Wouldn’t surprise me to see 3 loans. We’re still on the hunt for ‘experienced’ RB and GK. Jamal Blackman was an option but now since signed for Exeter. If I hear stuff I’ll put it on here ? 

Happy to see 2 winger/wingback options as we dont have proper cover for NML & Barkhuizen.

We need another striker option too, one with a bit of pace.

10 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Kaine Hayden from Villa? Was on loan at MK last season.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

That was John Percy who named those 4 straight after the takeover completed.

I thought Nixon mention a couple befote the takeover was done as Rooney had them lined up for when CK was trying to take us over so when it fell through we all thought we had no chance of getting them in any more.

I guess the easiest way to know is checked the first few posts on their transfer forum thread ?

Edited by DCFC1388

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I thoigh Nixon mention a couple befote the takeover was done as Rooney had them lined up for when CK was trying to take us over so when it fell through we all thought we had no chance of getting them in any more

May have named a couple. Only Percy named all 4.

Just now, Carnero said:

May have named a couple. Only Percy named all 4.

Oh i know Percy named some, but my point was Nixon named some first. So whilst he gets slated he does get a fair few right, i for one look forward to his articles at the weekend only if its just to see some new transfer news.

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wasnt Nixon the first journo to mention Hourihane & Barkhuizen? Maybe even Chester & Collins too

He did indeed break the Hourihane story on June 25th, Barkhuizen mentioned in the same article.

Nixon winds people up with his demeanour and cryptic posts, cryptic I guess because he’s paid to generate clicks for the sun and also through his own patreon. It’s also his job to find out about deals in the pipeline, something a mate of mine working in media and comms for a prem club begrudgingly gives him credit for. He doesn’t get all of them right, but I reckon if anyone could be bothered to tally up this summers deals vs stories he’s written there are a fair few he got right. Some of them have to be true or he wouldn’t get the attention and clicks. 

38 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Oh i know Percy named some, but my point was Nixon named some first. So whilst he gets slated he does get a fair few right, i for one look forward to his articles at the weekend only if its just to see some new transfer news.

Yes I do agree, he gets a harsh rap at times but does get plenty right. He was definitely first to name Barkhuizen & Collins. I thought you were wondering who it was that named all 4 so must have misinterpreted your comment ?

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yes I do agree, he gets a harsh rap at times but does get plenty right. He was definitely first to name Barkhuizen & Collins. I thought you were wondering who it was that named all 4 so must have misinterpreted your comment ?

No worries mate, easily done on here. Ive (sadly) gone through the 11 transfers on a new topic, interesting that out of the 9 signed that were leaked before Derby mentioned them (Loach & Oduroh), Nixon named 5 out of the 9 first. I thought John Percy had named more than just the one first too

Edited by DCFC1388

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I'd love for Robertson to sign up. RB and outwide is where we are short then we can move Knight back to CM.