Conor Hourihane - Signed 2 year deal

Caerphilly Ram

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

All comments like this conveniently overlook the fact we can't do anything outside the business plan, without the EFL agreeing and that we've got hardly any players.

To suggest we shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone good is mental.

It’s the lack of objectivity that, for a lot of people, comes with being a football fan. All people like that poster see is the narrative that “Derby cheated”, no consideration for the punishments that followed, no logic applied to our reduced cost base through having less contracted players currently but still having the opportunity to generate income as a well supported team, or that the creditors we owe money too have agreed to receive payment of moneys owed on reduced terms, or that the club continuing to exist and pay its way in future taxes is a positive for the tax payer long term and so on and so forth. It’s just “tHeY DId A bAd FiNG aNd i DOnT LiKE eM CAusE oF PauL PesKy-SoLIdOs cOFfeE cUP”…. Jokers ??‍♂️ 

32 minutes ago, YouRams said:

ACL day one incoming 

Nahhhhhhhh

We'll get EFL approval for his signing and play him in the first 3 games of the season.

A couple of days after that: an article by Matt Slater in the Daily Mail: "Derby face ANOTHER 9 point deduction, this time for playing an ineligible player" followed by an EFL statement claiming they made an error in authorising his move - they now believe that the wording of one sentence in Derby's business plan was deliberately misleading and they'll be opening disciplinary proceedings against us.

Further to this all other player registrations made before the season started are null and void, with those players becoming free agents. With the spirit of competition needing to be maintained, however, they will be fair and even handed, only seeking to deduct us points from games specifically played by C. Hourihane.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

19 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Hourinhane and mcgoldrick ? maybe Chester too all to be soon

That hotline must be burning that ear of yours ITK Big Trav ? My source tells me Hourihane and Chester are big buddies and will come as a package…..but not got the ITK hotline direct contact like you so will wait and see ??

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Brilliant news, he’s the player I was most excited about. Unreal signing at this level and a real statement of intent. FWIW, I’ve been told him and Chester are very close and effectively come as a package, so I’m expecting him to sign shortly too.

So which one is Mauricio Solis and which one is the Chop???

31 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

To say Hourihane is only coming here because of a (impossible, because of our business plan) fat contract is just other fans complaining.

Ignore it. It's far more likely to be to because he's a near enough a shoe-in to be a guaranteed starter, as long as he performs. He's 31, and wanting to be playing week in week out.

It’s good to see players wanting to sign because they actually want to play football and not just rack up the biggest contract whoever they are.

It does just feel a little strange, we are days away from going out of business due (primarily) to a spate of signings that we couldn't afford (Johnson, Butterfield, Olsson, Blackman, etc) and now we are signing the marquee name for the division. What happened to "we will need years to consolidate"? I mean, I don't want us to wear a hair shirt just to punish ourselves but at the same time this hardly feels like either learning our lessons or respecting the many creditors who have suffered as a result of our being in administration.

I know, I'm piddling all over your chips but it feels like the last thing I was expecting this week.