Conor Hourihane - Signed 2 year deal

Caerphilly Ram

According to the Irish sun Rooney had Hourihane lined up on a 3 year deal if the CK deal went through. Can’t see that it would have happened either way but here’s the link https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/9003958/wayne-rooney-conor-hourihane-transfer-man-utd-derby/

Article also mentions the club will work to sign Davies and Ravel on new deals. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added info

Remember him absolutely ripping us to bits for Barnsley at their place a few years back, he’d be quality in L1. No way he’d be coming to us 

Would’ve been an unreal signing in League One. He was almost unplayable at Barnsley a few years back, and that was at Championship level! Got a bit abandoned by Villa in the end which seemed to effect him a bit, but I’m sure he’s far from beyond repair. He’d rip League One to shreds I’m sure, and probably become the key man in our attacking midfield. 

Not so sure we’ll be able to afford him with Clowes taking over rather than Kirchner though - it’s a bit more difficult when you’re offering real money rather than Monopoly money. Can’t see us committing to a 3 year deal for a 31 year old - those are the sort of risky long contracts that got us into this mess in the first place. 2 year deal max for me, by the time he’s 33/34 he might have lost it like Bryson did.