Conor Hourihane - Signed 2 year deal

Caerphilly Ram

23 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Derby: Irish Duo imminent. Musical ability doubtful but one will pull the strings in midfield the other hitting the right notes up front. More on the way after my dog walk and in paper tomorrow.

#reluctantnicko 

Hourihane and Shane Long/ McGoldrick possibly..??

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Doesn’t score many goals…

Neither did... well any of the top goalscorers in League One until they dropped down there. Long has spent the last 12 years or so in the Premier League. Last season's top goalscorer in League One had 8 in 75 Championship games before that. 

Long would score goals in League One for sure, but he's got a bit of dog of him, I like him. 

If we shouldn’t sign players because it will upset businesses who aren’t getting all of the money we owe them - and I agree that is a crying shame - then we won’t survive much longer anyway because we’ll be plummeting through the leagues and probably go bust again.  Hopefully, some of the local businesses will benefit in the long run by Derby County being successful again and giving them some custom (better in the long run than disappearing altogether… even better if we’re successful, bring more fans in, they spend more, we need to buy more ‘stuff’… a virtuous circle?).

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Neither did... well any of the top goalscorers in League One until they dropped down there. Long has spent the last 12 years or so in the Premier League. Last season's top goalscorer in League One had 8 in 75 Championship games before that. 

Long would score goals in League One for sure, but he's got a bit of dog of him, I like him. 

.. yep, agreed.

Would definitely score in LG1… Experienced Prem and International player. Very wiley, chaser of lost causes and gets behinds defenders who previously had a 1 in 3 goals per games in Championship in his heyday..

4 minutes ago, HectorsHouse said:

.. yep, agreed.

Would definitely score in LG1… Experienced Prem and International player. Very wiley, chaser of lost causes and gets behinds defenders who previously had a 1 in 3 goals per games in Championship in his heyday..

In any case I don’t think we have been linked with him………………..or have we Big Trav ?

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

I guess the problem is that this time last week we nearly went bust. But I get the point, only a small handful know if this is prudent and sensible and I agree that the likes of the EFL will be watching this with a lot of interest. That said, if I was the local catering company who'd just lost a chunk of cash not sure I'd be whooping this up as the rise of the phoenix.

Last time  we paid silly transfer fees, and issued long term contracts for silly wages. This time we are paying no transfer fees , issuing only 1 or 2 year contracts and not paying silly wages (in fact I think wages are subject to a wage cap) . So this time is about as different from last time as it is possible to get.  Are you seriously suggesting otherwise?

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Possibly - I get the point made by @Animal is a Ram and maybe there is a little more caution to it. Just feels strange, that's all I'm saying.

Strange that we are trying as a Club to get some semblance of normality again.

We have to move on as other clubs have been allowed to.

David Clowes hasn’t got Derby County for free and creditors have done better than lots of clubs in the past. 

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Derby: Irish Duo imminent. Musical ability doubtful but one will pull the strings in midfield the other hitting the right notes up front. More on the way after my dog walk and in paper tomorrow.

#reluctantnicko 

Is it 2 of the sisters from the Phwoooarrrs? 

Sorry, I meant the Corrs...... 

image.png.ec361786cca6c11587a8c8fba5bd760e.png

?