Chris Kirchner Apology

TomTom92

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Is it just me or do other people find it odd that since CK withdrew his bid we’ve not heard a peep from him. 

I would’ve thought he’d address what went wrong and apologise for not being able to take us on. 

Do we think a reason for the silence is that he hasn’t completely gone? 

No, he’s just rude.

In all seriousness, he will feel that he doesn’t need to justify or explain his actions to us fans just because he hasn’t purchased the club. Nor will he. As far as he’s concerned, I’m sure it’s just a business deal that didn’t happen.

Doubt we'll get anything from him.  I do believe he wanted to buy us, but it all fell apart for whatever reason.  You can blame him (rightly), but also Q for not providing a deadline and letting matters drift thus denying others the chance.  End of the day it was a business deal that fell through, they happen all the time. I suspect he did have the money, but it either wasn't immediately available, or more likely, the UK regulators weren't happy with its source.  For a business-man, it's c'est la vie. I tried, it didn't work, move on to the next venture.  For us it's so much more than that, and I'm sure most of us would love to know the full story.  But let's face it, after the vitriol he received on Twitter, if he posted a letter explaining things, he'd still get panned by the Twitter trolls, regardless. A lose/lose for him so why bother. 

And in saying that, we'll probably get an announcement end of the week saying everything's cleared and CK is the new owner of DCFC.  Nothing would surprise me these days. 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Is it just me or do other people find it odd that since CK withdrew his bid we’ve not heard a peep from him. 

I would’ve thought he’d address what went wrong and apologise for not being able to take us on. 

Do we think a reason for the silence is that he hasn’t completely gone? 

Would you actually believe it if he did “address what went wrong”?

For me, a bit like Mel (once the stadium is sorted), he’s a painful part of our recent history who doesn’t really deserve a second thought. 

Would it make any difference at this point?

Don't get me wrong, be nice to have some sort of explanation as to why he's unable to transfer money across the pond.

End of the day, it won't bring back the lost time that another bidder could have took control.

Haven't unfollowed him on Twitter, although only expecting the next tweet to be golf related.

i dont think its about making a difference about him apologising, you are right but it's about respect isn't it? he was happy to call us the best fans in the world when there was something to gain from it.

just makes me appreciate he didnt take over. happy to take the plaudits and ass kissing until something goes wrong, then nowhere to be seen.

he does not seem like a genuine person and i think his lack of care shown throughout his bid was alarming, the bangkok stuff, tweeting about tennis when we were expecting an update, going to golf when he clearly should be doing the deal. i know many will disagree and say it doesnt matter,  but it did matter to me because it showed that we were never the priority. he came across as careless.

Edited by alram

2 hours ago, David said:

Would it make any difference at this point?

Don't get me wrong, be nice to have some sort of explanation as to why he's unable to transfer money across the pond.

End of the day, it won't bring back the lost time that another bidder could have took control.

Haven't unfollowed him on Twitter, although only expecting the next tweet to be golf related.

I bet he’s in a bunker until it all blows over.

Rejected Rejection GIF by HULU

People like him never do. I've been shafted by his type before in business (lessons learned), people who talk a very good game and self-promote constantly actually need to be put under masses of additional scrutiny IMO. What are they compensating for? Usually turn out to be the emperor with no clothes types. Most successful people I know, genuinely successful, don't behave like this, because they don't need to. Whichever we look at it, it was always going to end in tears as you can't own a football club and post proficiently on Twitter, sooner or later it will turn nasty. Best of luck to the guy I say, we dodged a bullet.

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can someone explain to me what he actually has to apologise for?

And when our ex owner didn't even manage that feat why would we expect it from a person totally unconnected to the club.

For me it's not about an apology but an explanation why he suddenly appeared to get cold feet. For someone that was very proactive at keeping us informed initially, his silence now is deafening. Unless he is somehow prevented from doing so.

More pressing for me to know is whether he has got all his money back that he tried to transfer. If not I'm more than happy to look after it until he's over here again. 

Edited by Steve How Hard?