Blackburn Away Match Thread

We looked every single bit of a team made out of youngsters. Terrible game management and B'burn sure smelled the blood at the start of the second half.

It's just part of the learning curve. Shame that we are not looking capable of getting the new owner in, so these players will reap the benefits of the games like today with someone else.

All on the management team tonight. No excuses. Yet again we have been bullied. Put it up to them, show the fight that way then play your the football. I don't want to see any social media tonight saying we go again rubbish. That was a poor limited rovers team. 

Buchanan, Bird, Thompson, Knight and Lawrence very poor. 

Coventry no roll overs. Experience needed on Sat. 

Stearman, Bielik even Forsyth to start on Sat. 

Should have had a few draws recently but a bit green in decision making. 

Feel the worst now for this journey. Shame really.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The table makes very very ugly reading tonight. Barnsley 4 points ahead of us with a game in hand. They have seemingly got the momentum we have been desperately trying to create but can't.

Peterborough only 1 point behind with 2 games in hand. Makes you want to bury yourself under the duvet and hope it all goes away.

Very sad.

I finally accept we will be relegated. 
let’s try and avoid bottom place

3 minutes ago, Jayram said:

We’ll that’s it I think. We’ve finally just run out of steam and out of road - it was a decent effort but you can’t rely on kids and old timers in this league. I just hope we play out the season with a bit of pride and someone buys the club. What a bloody shame. 

Sadly, I agree with you. It's been a staggering effort, but we lost our way tonight. I just hope they can find the motivation to keep going to give the fans something to cheer in the remaining games. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The way we came out that second half was an absolute shambles.

They pressed us from the off. For 10-15 mins just hit it long for a bit, take the pressure off.

First goal was criminal. Free header.

Second goal. Allsop passing that Ball into Bird when he was being pressed was just ludicrous.

Soon as we went behind we just don't have any idea what to do or how to come back.

Away record this season is an absolute shambles. 

Wonder what Rooney's away record is here? It'll make for grim reading.

Also thought Lawrence looked like he couldn't care less tonight.

Cannot defend them after that second half.

I am glad you gave a summary in your final paragraph. I wondered where you were going.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Dominant first half, they haven't scored in a month, confidence on its arse, booed from the 10 th minute, our chance to go two points from Reading as it stood.  That second half can't happen. It's impossible.  What the absolute duck.  Game over

I've just checked Blackburns results...in their last nine games in January February and March Blackburn had scored precisely One goal...in nine matches before tonight. Just let that sink in.

Good first half deserved the lead and missed chances to extend it. Second half Blackburn stepped up a gear bought on quality experienced players and deserved to win, simple as that they were stronger and took their chances strangely it happens in football. Very disappointed that we lost but really pissed off with the sudden urge some have to lay blame at the door of individuals. This team has been magnificent and was again but just lost to a better one, we can still stay up, we fight till the end remember UTR.

1 minute ago, Patrick Rams said:

I've just checked Blackburns results...in their last nine games in January February and March Blackburn had scored precisely One goal...in nine matches before tonight. Just let that sink in.

Yes, they said that on the tv so sunk in some time ago.

They could bring Dack Gallagher and Giles off the bench that’s the difference. First half we were excellent Blackburn were shocking. That Lawrence chance was huge!! Could’ve done better but very good keeping. 

Second half they came out and threw the kitchen sink and we couldn’t cope. Didn’t manage game, we didn’t defend set pieces. 

Difficult now but before Barnsley game we said it was all over. Lots of twists and turns but we have to win 5 out of last 8 now to have any chance - that’s the reality 

I had both Bournemouth and Blackburn down for zero points but with the injuries as well you can’t help feel this could have been a decisive night 

6 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

that was partly the problem though. As soon as we went 1-0 up we just kept playing the ball between CB's and GK. Blackburn were there for the taking we should have been trying to get the 2nd and even 3rd, and finish the game off 1st half. 

I disagree. After we scored we had 2  great opportunities to get another, but through Buchanan’s poor decision making and Lawrence’s miss we didn’t. Morrison had one just wide.  We were controlling the game. So, so poor in the second half.