Eiran Cashin

Comrade 86

3 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

He looked utterly spent by the end today, but what a performance. You'd have thought he was the old head of the back 4. I'm trying not to get too excited, because I remember swearing blind that Miles Addison would be England captain, but he is such a talent.

Addison wasn't positionally as good but had the strength of a bull.  Would have been a good player for Derby, until Clough decided to make a point of highlighting his lack of squad by playing him for 98 minutes in an away win at Newcastle. Been moaning for days about a competitive squad and how Addison would have to play despite just coming back to training.  He hadn't kicked a ball for 3 months due to a stress fracture in his foot.  Poor lad was hobbling on the hour and still no sub. Was MOTM against the side that pissed the division.  Straight back to a massive layoff as the stress fracture had opened up but a lot worse. Clough did some good work at Derby with transfers and wages but that sticks in my mind above the rest I'm afraid.

The game I first saw Cashin {pre-season v Notts County}, I was mightily impressed. He scored that day too.

Yesterday he was a class above. He’s extremely fit, and has a great deal of skill in his feet. Can see aspects which remind me of both Todd & McFarland. 
Thank you Eiran for your game yesterday. It will linger in the memory for many a while. 

"As well as defending really well, he's outstanding in possession. He's got a great left foot, he's calm, but the job of a centre-back is to defend and some of his defending - his tackles, his blocks, his headers, his marking was a joy to watch.

"That's the side of the game that maybe I don't speak about enough, but it's valued in that dressing room. The lads gave him an absolute ovation when he came in because they know what he did for this result and his performance."

Edited by RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Some call it positioning. But yes, he's very good magnet.

That's what it is, Todd and McGrath had it, Being at the right place at the right time, Not like turning up late for the bus and hoping it's late.

This boy is something special...and I can see the Vultures circling now, Word soon gets out and a fat cheque being waved in his agents direction.