Eiran Cashin

Comrade 86

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'll just leave this here....

Carles Puyol (5ft10) · Fabio Cannavaro (5ft9) · Franco Baresi (5ft9) · Ronald Koeman (5ft11) · Franz Beckenbauer (5ft11) · Frank de Boer (5ft11)

You standing 100% behind these heights ?

Cannavaro especially surprised me. Shows that height isn't everything.

He was imperious yesterday, think he has looked sluggish off the mark in a footrace so compared to a Rio Ferdinand/Paul McGrath he isn't exactly blessed naturally so will be interesting how far he can go.

Definitely good enough to be Captain of a Championship winning team so that's good enough for me!

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Google have Cannavaro at under 5 foot 8. 

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

He was imperious yesterday, think he has looked sluggish off the mark in a footrace so compared to a Rio Ferdinand/Paul McGrath he isn't exactly blessed naturally so will be interesting how far he can go.

Rio and McGrath were Rolls Royces. Eiran reminds me of more of John Terry than the aforementioned, without being the colossal Bamford JT was, obviously. 

When I had a chat with Curtis a couple of weeks ago, he said that Chester was going to start the Oxford game with himself until Chester picked up his injury. So Rosenior had Davies and Chester as his first choice centre halves, or at least did for the Oxford game. He’s got a nice headache now when Chester is available, there’s no way he can leave Cash out. We’re very fortunate to have 4 very good centre halves.

28 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Rio and McGrath were Rolls Royces. Eiran reminds me of more of John Terry than the aforementioned, without being the colossal Bamford JT was, obviously. 

That's my point really, they are naturally gifted so it looks easy...tall, powerful, pace and good touch.

He's got to make the very best of what he's been given. 

Premier League center backs seem huge now, Nathan Ake always looks small to me and I think he's over 6ft.

Edit Google says 5 ft 11. Point stands though, he looks unnaturally small and lightweight for the position with players like Mina, Van Dijk, Mings, Vestergaard, Stones, Maguires, Diaz etc all 6ft 3+ 

Edited by Chester40

16 minutes ago, Kinder said:

When I had a chat with Curtis a couple of weeks ago, he said that Chester was going to start the Oxford game with himself until Chester picked up his injury. So Rosenior had Davies and Chester as his first choice centre halves, or at least did for the Oxford game. He’s got a nice headache now when Chester is available, there’s no way he can leave Cash out. We’re very fortunate to have 4 very good centre halves.

In performances you're right, But the lad is 19/20 years old, He maybe level headed and fit, But with young age comes burn out, He's going to make mistakes and it's how he comes back from those mistakes will define who he is, It won't hurt to rest him of after X amount of games, Chester/Stearman come in then it's up to them to keep him out...competition is a great motivator ?

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'll just leave this here....

Carles Puyol (5ft10) · Fabio Cannavaro (5ft9) · Franco Baresi (5ft9) · Ronald Koeman (5ft11) · Franz Beckenbauer (5ft11) · Frank de Boer (5ft11)

Height is only one criterion, timing and the height you can pump above the pitch being others.

Roy Mac was 5ft 11in but he could head balls close to 10 foot above the ground consistently. 

That is one of the reasons why he is rightly regarded as Derby’s best ever player.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

That's my point really, they are naturally gifted so it looks easy...tall, powerful, pace and good touch.

He's got to make the very best of what he's been given. 

Premier League center backs seem huge now, Nathan Ake always looks small to me and I think he's over 6ft.

Edit Google says 5 ft 11. Point stands though, he looks unnaturally small and lightweight for the position with players like Mina, Van Dijk, Mings, Vestergaard, Stones, Maguires, Diaz etc all 6ft 3+ 

I think Cashin maybe looks shorter than he is because of his stocky build - legs like tree trunks 

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I believe it was a case of giving him a 6 month / 1 year deal at the start of 20/21 as he picked up an injury during lockdown/summer which kept him out until early 2021.

We were also close to letting Festy leave last summer.

Wow!

people are rightly comparing him with Colin Todd, but I would suggest that he doesn't have Todd's lightning speed and acceleration. What he does have are the ball skills, assurance and unflappability of Roy Mac, as the other Roy Mac said earlier in this thread!

So to have a lad who displays the characteristics of both components of the best defensive partnership this county has ever had makes Mr Cashin a very special player. 

9 hours ago, sage said:

As well as he has played for us, i don't see him playing regularly in the PL. More due to lack of pace rather than height.   

Will be excellent for us in this division and the next. 

The player Cashin most reminds me of from my youth is Martin Buchan who compensated for lack of pace and height with positional play and excellent basic ball skills. 

9 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Definitely good enough to be Captain of a Championship winning team so that's good enough for me!

At 19yrs of age Eiran Cashin could grow another inch or two before he gets to 21.