Eiran Cashin

Comrade 86

15 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

He is nowhere near as quick as Todd but he is a bit taller and better in the air. In other respects I can see the similarity, Todd was very strong and hardly ever, if ever lost a 50/50 ball. I think Buxton is a better comparison at the moment though

I loved Sir Jake, battling, strong, a hero, but I see a lot more control and precision in Eiran which is really promising. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

You could argue he was at fault for all four of those goals. Brilliant player, my hero, but people tend to forget the mistakes, especially when he tried to dribble his way out of the penalty area when the order of the boot was needed! 

A couple of great Bruce Rioch thunderbolts in there!

We always forget favorite players mistakes .

Hey Angie Toddy was brilliant and that Man City team was good but the defending was awful that day .

As for Cashin I just see a major prospect and it’s easy for people to dismiss comparisons and after all it’s only an opinion based on what I’ve seen .

Of course the lad has a long way to go in his career and I hope we can watch him as a Derby player in the future along with the likes of Bird and Sibley etc 

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

He has scored some great headers at under 23 level. I was a bit frustrated on Saturday as him and Davies seemed to be going for the same ball at corners.

Need to trust Cashin to do his job - he's probably the best person to get on the end of corners and until oppositions realise it we have the element of surprise. 

That headed goal against Notts pre season from a corner was brilliant 

11 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

My favorite Cashin moment was

Top performance from your first start for someone to make it into a 2 1/2 minute video.

I’d forgotten the one ( at just over a minute ) in the centre of the box. Brilliant timing and execution under extreme pressure. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Todd wasn’t always as fast as people think .

Oh yes, he was. Faster, if anything ?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Brilliant player, my hero, but people tend to forget the mistakes, especially when he tried to dribble his way out of the penalty area when the order of the boot was needed!

? I do concede that one. In the last year or so of his time at Derby - when things were heading downhill anyway - he was almost costing a goal a game giving the ball away with dribbling out of defence or with poor passes. But, maybe, because the pass wasn't on with the poorer players around him.

He has the attributes, he has the desire. The only thing he needs is time to develop, if he was coming into a mid table side out of a relegation scrap I could see us playing him every week but as we are in a scrap, I’d go with the experience of Stearman, and to some extent Buchanan until the ends of the season.
Peterborough haven’t scored in 5 games let’s not forget, and yesterday would have done him a world of good. We just need him to phase his way until he becomes undroppable over time. I see him as one of the first names on the team sheet next season if he put in performances like that eachweek.  
Unfortunately we just can’t afford any bedding in time for any of the players between now and the season end. 

Probably one of the best at interviews to come out of the academy. Spoke very well about the game on Saturday and didn’t just stick to the same old lines.

I love sibley as a player (obviously!) but his interviews can be a bit hard work some times, obviously not trying to knock him as obviously he’s young and obviously excited to be playing.

but it’s fairly obvious Cashin has a good understanding of the game.

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

All these comparisons to Buxton, I had no idea that he's from pretty much the same place! I always assumed he was born in Ireland. Listening to his accent confirms it, although there's no chance he's 6 foot 2.

image.png.232960f2bda0a46a9d0b65860b73536c.png

Interesting that he said Sibley's goal wasn't meant - he sounded serious, or just deadpan?