Eiran Cashin

Comrade 86

Many of us seen glimpses of Eiran's qualities in pre season last year but, the position we were in couldn't promote him to the first team. 

His progression once he had the chance to play has been remarkable. Saturday was my first time I have seen Derby play live since lockdown and so first time seeing Cashin play. His MOM display on Sat was even more remarkable because of his age, position and obvious experience. The most impressive thing for me was how he marshalled the defense both physically and verbally. He looked like the seasoned pro who had been in promotion winning teams of the past. Stearman played his part but, cashin was heads above everyone literally. 

Not often as a Derby and Ireland supporter that you can get properly excited but, here I am. 

Well played, keep it up. 

Thanks Mr Clowes.

7 hours ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Tbf I'm 23 and grew abit at 22 last autumn to around when I turned 23 earlier this year in January. 

It is possible if you're a late developer, you can check to see if growth is still possible by having an X ray to see if your growth plates are open. Most people are done at 19 or 20 though. 

I'm 37 and still growing. Not in a helpful direction for a professional footballer though.

Dance Speedo GIF

4 hours ago, Donegal Ram said:

Many of us seen glimpses of Eiran's qualities in pre season last year but, the position we were in couldn't promote him to the first team. 

His progression once he had the chance to play has been remarkable. Saturday was my first time I have seen Derby play live since lockdown and so first time seeing Cashin play. His MOM display on Sat was even more remarkable because of his age, position and obvious experience. The most impressive thing for me was how he marshalled the defense both physically and verbally. He looked like the seasoned pro who had been in promotion winning teams of the past. Stearman played his part but, cashin was heads above everyone literally. 

Not often as a Derby and Ireland supporter that you can get properly excited but, here I am. 

Well played, keep it up. 

Thanks Mr Clowes.

I don’t pretend to be anything other than cud chewing fan who’s watched football quite a lot. I saw the highlights of his headed goal on his debut. Thought, “he looks right”. Knew about position and timing a run; well done - Another handy academy product. Then his first game at PP. Never ever seen a young lad so composed and panic free under extreme pressure. Then add in the most important thing for a defender…. He can tackle .. clean and hard. Bonus points because he doesn’t hoof it. He can control a ball and play a 2 yard pass. Double bonus, he’s as strong as an Ox. The treble bonus he doesn’t give up or dive in or have hissy fits. Oh ! and to top it all .. he cares, the game and the fans and the club it’s his power reserve. Get us up Eiran and reap the rewards - whatever they are you’re a real star in the making with a great career in front of you. 

On 13/08/2022 at 23:14, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Addison wasn't positionally as good but had the strength of a bull.  Would have been a good player for Derby, until Clough decided to make a point of highlighting his lack of squad by playing him for 98 minutes in an away win at Newcastle. Been moaning for days about a competitive squad and how Addison would have to play despite just coming back to training.  He hadn't kicked a ball for 3 months due to a stress fracture in his foot.  Poor lad was hobbling on the hour and still no sub. Was MOTM against the side that pissed the division.  Straight back to a massive layoff as the stress fracture had opened up but a lot worse. Clough did some good work at Derby with transfers and wages but that sticks in my mind above the rest I'm afraid.

Also nearly killed Barnes. I liked NLN a lot but some of his actions suggested, shall we say intolerance?

On 14/08/2022 at 11:02, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That's what I nicknamed my ex

I miss her.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I suspect I knew what would be probably be his great grandad.  Chap called Joe Cashin who was a regular at the Irish centre in Becket Street in the 80's/early 90's.  Can't be many Cashins in Mansfield and he looks similar. 

Must be.

There's very little cash in Mansfield, judging from the town centre.