Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

You cannot allow yourself to get too down about one result . But our defending was sloppy and we didn’t seem to be set up to cope with their stand out player Jones. Something Wazza needs to sort in the summer is the lack of a hard man in midfield. Crooks did as he liked and needed sorting.

We had to let ours go for 30k.  Perfect game for Shinnie this one. Break it up and wind them up

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We had to let ours go for 30k.  Perfect game for Shinnie this one. Break it up and wind them up

At the end of the day , all the fuss is over ....it's gone. Our rivals did no better and we are still where we are. It's all still in our hands but it could have been far worse........WE FIGHT 'TILL THE END !! ????

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just seen the goals from yesterday for the first time. Jesus Christ. And some folks are still mithering about the ref. 

Well sure you will have noticed 3 of their goals came after they should have been down to 10 men and 1 of them was scored by the player that should have been sent off?

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

When things turned nasty after the game, and the police horses mobilised and the scuffles started, Edward and me, fully scarfed, got separated into the mass of Boro fans. We were fully absorbed into the middle of Boro fans baying for a stack up. After a few provocative “Enjoy League 1s” in stepped the Neils and said “Right, we’ve got your back, No Boro fans will touch you whilst we are here” and duly chaperoned us back to the safety of our car.

Proper football fans and proper people. Thanks to the Neils who are always welcome at the Brunswick Inn and Pride Park whilst we are about. Enjoy the rest of the season Neil & Neil and Slainte. ?

57F4B180-17D8-4A83-A7F0-02448B39A5D8.jpeg

I think I must have been behind you in the queue for paying for parking cause I saw two derby fans talking to these two haha

4 hours ago, Jayram said:

Then he spent a shedload of cash on dross and they got relegated the following season. My point is that he is a decent manager at a certain level but has never had a situation to deal with like Rooney so it’s unfair to disparage what WR has done aleady. 

It’s absolutely not fair to disparage Rooney, but he’s still a fantastic manager. If I was the Newcastle owner I’d have gone for him over Howe any day.

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Premier League winners, playing in Europe. 

Wish we were that insignificant. 

Been there and done that 45 years ago. After a couple it's boring.  Marches and EFL bashing is were it's at nowadays.  Leicester on the coattails and so out of fashion.

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Premier League winners, playing in Europe. 

Wish we were that insignificant. 

Insignificant in the way of rivalry, Derby v Forest & Newcastle v Sunderland. Leicester and the parasites are begging for a rivalry, but they are all on their lonesome  

Saying Goodbye Will Smith GIF by MOODMAN

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just seen the goals from yesterday for the first time. Jesus Christ. And some folks are still mithering about the ref. 

This. I get that the ref was either biased or incompetent in a way that was terrible for us, and that we were very unlucky with own goals and deflections, but the truth remains we are consistently the architects of our own downfall. Yet again, we overplayed at the back in the wrong situation and were punished for it. For all the good he has done in holding the club together in a time of such crisis, we cannot hide from this being a shocking failure of coaching by Rooney and his backroom team. 

When he is asked about his "risk vs reward" mantra he will say he takes full responsibility, it's how he wants the team to play and then he might point to one or two goals we have scored from doing this. Yet over the season so far we must have conceded 15-20 goals from this utterly crazy way of playing. It has to stop.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

This. I get that the ref was either biased or incompetent in a way that was terrible for us, and that we were very unlucky with own goals and deflections, but the truth remains we are consistently the architects of our own downfall. Yet again, we overplayed at the back in the wrong situation and were punished for it. For all the good he has done in holding the club together in a time of such crisis, we cannot hide from this being a shocking failure of coaching by Rooney and his backroom team. 

When he is asked about his "risk vs reward" mantra he will say he takes full responsibility, it's how he wants the team to play and then he might point to one or two goals we have scored from doing this. Yet over the season so far we must have conceded 15-20 goals from this utterly crazy way of playing. It has to stop.

Which goals from yesterday? The last one...