Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They were also extremely pleased that he left as well 

Yes funny how his previous achievements with the club were suddenly erased from their fans memories. 

We've been pissing around in the Championship for the past umpteen years so we obviously can sneer at other managers who's taken their club from League 1 to the Prem in 3 seasons. 

Head wobble time. 

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

"Rooney's got it easy because there's no pressure or expectation" is just going to be the line from now on to belittle what he's achieving.

I expect we'll hear it in vairious forms from every team we play.

It's absolute nonsense, of course, but I expect every time Rooney, the coaching staff and players hear guff like this, it only makes them more determined.

30 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Come on. Just look at his record ? 4 trophies with Alfreton, got Oxford and Northampton promoted and took League 1 Sheff Utd to a mid table Premiership finish. Now has a 57% win rate at Boro. Pretty damn impressive in my book.

I was referring to Sheffield United 

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

"Rooney's got it easy because there's no pressure or expectation" is just going to be the line from now on to belittle what he's achieving.

I expect we'll hear it in vairious forms from every team we play.

To be fair, our team has responded so well to the belittling by all and sundry (primarily through the EFL) that I don’t think it’s a good strategy for anyone to take up!

Just now, Ellafella said:

Be careful in this area. There are about 40 Boro fans in balaclavas looking to cause trouble. Large police contingent outside the pub. 

Impressed there are 40 Boro fans. 

Hopefully Gibson recognises he's stirred up this situation. So if someone gets hurt then that can sit nicely next to the normal folk losing their jobs and sanity in his conscience 

I imagine he tells himself its all Mel's fault. A bit like if you punch someone on the nose and I kick them while they're down that's all your fault. 

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'd love the Derby fans there today to use a poo load of humour. People really struggle to cope with humour when they're expecting vitriol.

The matter is settled and I think a lot of us believe the timing is totally intentional by Gibson in terms of the transfer deadline AND today's game.

He's positioned himself on moral the high road knowing that if Derby fans klick off we will look even worse than if he was still threatening action.

Steve Gibson, he's one of our own would be a funny and lovely sarcastic chant that would get others on side.

Trashing the ground and attacking pubs just makes you look thick and not only disliked even more by other clubs, but by other Derby fans too.

Enjoy the day.

I totally agree that they won’t know what to do with humour when expecting vitriol, but also agree with the response before that people might think we mean it. 

Personally, I am expecting 90 mins of “Stevie Gibson w*nks off dogs”. If anyone complains, we can just say it might not be true, but we don’t know it’s not, and so we have to act as though it might be true. That’s the logic that seemed to apply to us stopping Boro getting to the premiership. Makes perfect sense. 

58 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes funny how his previous achievements with the club were suddenly erased from their fans memories. 

We've been pissing around in the Championship for the past umpteen years so we obviously can sneer at other managers who's taken their club from League 1 to the Prem in 3 seasons. 

Head wobble time. 

Exactly ?

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I totally agree that they won’t know what to do with humour when expecting vitriol, but also agree with the response before that people might think we mean it. 

Personally, I am expecting 90 mins of “Stevie Gibson w*nks off dogs”. If anyone complains, we can just say it might not be true, but we don’t know it’s not, and so we have to act as though it might be true. That’s the logic that seemed to apply to us stopping Boro getting to the premiership. Makes perfect sense. 

Even though MM & SG came to some sort of conclusion last night i don't think it's done anything to diffuse the situation today.